Job Title: Application Developer
Division: Market Operations & Technology
Department: Technology Services Department
Grade: Assistant Manager – Deputy Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Monday, January 31, 2017
- The Application Developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the NSE.
- The role sits within the Market Operations & Technology (MOT) division and under the Technology Services Department specifically.
- The role would suit someone with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based applications (in C# 3.0 and above) that also has proven in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server Business Intelligence development and SQL Server (additional experience with Oracle is highly desirable).
- The job holder needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- The job holder must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details.
- The job holder must recognize the value of agile, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong COD and OOA skills.
- The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2008/2012)
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc.) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Ability to work both in a collaborative team environment and independently
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with implementation and testing of DB backups, restores and recovery models
- Database server deployment design, processes, and day-to-day operations, including monitoring and Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Experience with SharePoint 2010 and above preferred
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Foundation Server)
- System Analysis and Design
- Analytical Thinking
- Software Engineering and Development
- Concept Development and Execution Management
- Database Administration
- Attention to details
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.), Computer Science or similar
- 3+ years of application and web application development experience (using the .Net Framework 3.0 and above).
- Other fields of study are acceptable when combined with strong background or work experience within the financial sector
Application Closing Date
16th January, 2017.