Job Title: Exchange Trade Funds (ETF) Product Manager
Division: Capital Market Division
Department: Secondary Market Department
Role: Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) Product Manager
Report to: Head – Secondary Markets Department
Estimated Date of Resumption: Friday, March 31, 2017
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange is seeking a dynamic and experienced individual who has a deep understanding of the competitive landscape in the relevant financial markets as ETF Product Manager.
- The ETF Product Manager will lead and guide the review /creation of ETF frameworks for scope of work, proposals, and research and business cases. He/She will oversee all functions
- pertaining to the ETF product line with the overall goal of ensuring that ETFs are appropriately priced, positioned, promoted, and supported in a way that will increase order flow as measured by number of transactions, trading volume and value in line with the overall goals of the product management department and will have responsibility for margins made on ETF Product line.
- The Product Manager will also be responsible for the NSE Index business. He/She will focused on the development and calculation of indices and play a lead role in developing new indices and implementing custom index requests.
- The Product Manager will become the “Product Advocate” by proactively disseminating related information while communicating the product message. He/She is expected to stay abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends (utilizing internal and external data/information resources) to create a competitive platform that enables stakeholders realize their investment objectives.
- The Product Manager will own and drive the ETF product line and ensure the success of these programmes by developing and maintaining relationships with ETF market participants and relevant external and internal stakeholders.
- He/She will obtain and maintain knowledge of ETF client business. Set up and attend stakeholder visits and conduct stakeholder presentations.
- The position is situated Nigeria with a global focus to cover both local and international buy and sell side participants.
- Liaise with fund experts to consistently develop and manage an array of offerings under ETF product line to meet the needs of the investing community and assimilate market feedback into new product development and positioning of existing ETFs
- Define the Exchange’s growth strategy and execution plan for the ETF product line to drive product sales & profitability
- Perform data analysis, such as trend and behaviour analysis related to the financial services industry and ETFs product development in general. Using the outcome of analysis and research, underpin recommendations for creating, developing, maintaining and enhancing NSE
- ETFs Market product development
- Responsible for the design and implementation of new ETF Product initiatives: Draft relevant documentation, perform analysis, research and carry-out appropriate planning with cross-market collaboration in mind, when relevant. Coordinate activities of ETF liquidity providers to appropriate their functions in promoting liquidity and market efficiency
- Enhance the market micro-structure (in areas such as transaction fees, index licensing fees) to increase product profitability
- Advocate transparency of ETFs listed on The Exchange by ensuring they observe documentation requirements in terms of structure, exposures and fair value at all times
- Liaise with index providers covering the Nigerian market or NSE index committee to ensure the providers meet a strong market demand for new and innovative indices to support ETFs across the asset class
- Maintain the MSCI relationship and work with MSCI by contributing meaningfully to the analysis, evaluation and NSE product vision of NSE/MSCI index offering
- Work with clients to implement custom index requests and co-develop custom index solutions
- Responsible for performance i.e. turnover & margins of ETF trading on The Exchange
- Liaise with the Market Operations and Technology Division to ensure system compatibility with market structure enhancements in support of the ETF product line and other business partners as necessary
- Create, review and amend ETF trading rules as necessary, to promote fair and orderly trading in ETF
- Manage key relationships with other stakeholders, Broker-Dealers, Market Makers, Institutional Investors (PFAs, CPFAs, Insurance companies, managed funds, portfolio managers, etc.) and other trading participants locally and internationally
- Develop and maintain a broad knowledge and awareness of trading industry developments, competitors, regulator rules that impact ETF trading
- Proactively disseminate investment and product resources to other areas of the organization in order to educate and train Internal/External stakeholders on Product attributes and new initiatives
- Coordinate and operate investor education in partnership with other stakeholders
- Understand drivers of ETFs order how to the Exchange
- Coordinate and partner with the other product development team members in conjunction with other stakeholders, to design and price products, identify and address key issues that must be resolved before a successful product launch occurs
- Serve as gatekeeper, ambassador and product line expert to internal/external parties
- Analyse new product ideas in conjunction with institutional/wholesale distribution and marketing firms to determine success potentials and uniqueness within the industry
- Monitor/interpret product pricing trends and recommend appropriate strategies
- Understand product profitability goals and provide inputs to appropriate financial areas
- Assist in driving the development process once a new product has been approved by all functional areas
- Provide insight and assist the Listing Sales and Retention team in marketing on an ongoing and proactive basis with respect to product positioning and communication strategies
- Continuously monitor industry trends and the competitive environment; recommend initiatives to strengthen market position
- Assist in the preparation of presentations for ExCo and other key stakeholders
- Analytical Thinking
- Strategic Research
- Risk Management
- Market Analysis
- Capital Market Knowledge
- Knowledge of Trading Platforms
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
Qualifications and Experience
- A first degree in Quantitative or Business related areas
- A post graduate degree (M Sc or MBA) or professional certification and licenses (e.g. CIS, CFA, will be an added advantage
- Minimum 10 years of experience in financial services industry or in an investment product management/marketing role, distribution-related role.
Application Closing Date
30th December, 2016.