Securewest Services Africa Ltd is a risk management company based in Lagos, Nigeria and offers a range of security and risk mitigation services for clients in the corporate, oil and gas, and maritime sectors.
We work with clients to help create secure environments, to operate safely in challenging conditions and emerging markets.
The Company is affiliated to Securewest International and this allows us to offer clients a combination of international experience and quality standards with intimate regional industry and operating knowledge.
Securewest Services Africa Limited is seeking a General Manager.
Our General Manager will be a forward thinking, hands–on individual with the ability and drive to function successfully as the head of this emerging and developing team.
You will possess and be able to demonstrate strong leadership, management, coaching and development capabilities.
You will have an expert risk management/security background and, in particular, a strong, proven track record iof business development in this marketplace.
Customer facing skills and commercial acumen are also essential.
This hands-on role role includes :
- Planning and executing business development and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed the Company business plan.
- Developing accurate and aggressive long and short-range financial targets consistent with the Company’s business plan.
- Managing and motivating company staff.
- Protecting product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and fostering an ethos of continual improvement.
- Driving the ongoing development and implementation of the integrated management system, ensuring that the QHSSE objectives of the Company are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by all Company staff.
- Establishing and maintaining applicable programs to protect the assets of the Company and ensure legal and regulatory compliance of the Company at all times.
- Preparation of monthly performance reports for review including effectiveness of activities, trends and variances.
- Ensuring an appropriate level of involvement in community public affairs, local business groups and networking organisations is maintained to further the aims of the Company.
- Maintaining regular, close contact with senior management teams in other associated Securewest companies to ensure optimisation of business opportunities, sharing of local intelligence and promotion of best practice.
Candidates should exhibit :
- Recent and considerable relevant industry experience
- Academic standard – degree level or equivalent
- A successful, proven track record in business development in the sub- Saharan Africa marketplace.
- Contract managment and tender/proposal experience
- Effective analytical and communication skills (verbal, written and presentational)
- IT skills – experience of use of Microsoft Office for communication and reporting
- Working knowledge of management practices, human resource management, Quality and HSE systems, basic accounting principles
This is a full time role based at our offices in Lagos, Nigeria and offers a competitive salary.
Interested candidates should forward their CV together with a covering letter including details of their salary expectations to email@example.com.