The U.S. Embassy in Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Physician in the Health Unit.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent provides medical services to approximately 156 direct hire American employees and approximately 85 dependents of all agencies at post as primary care physician. S/he sees 377 Foreign Service National employees upon occasion of injury on the job, referring any who become ill at work to their private physicians. S/he helps in planning and administering the health program at post, including at-post hospitalizations and medical evacuations. S/he serves as consulting and on-call physician for high-levelVIP visits when the RMO and/or FSHP are not present.
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at: https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/hr_office.html
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Medical Degree from the U.S. or western European equivalent is required with a license to practice in Nigeria. Completion of formal U.S. internship, minimum of three years formal residency or equivalent training as certified by the U.S. Office of Medical Services (M/MED) and current U.S. specialty Board certification is required.
2. Minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in internal medicine, family Practice, emergency medicine, and OB/GYN are required.
3. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English, the use of professional medical terminology is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have good working knowledge of Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advances Life Support, Advanced Trauma Life Support, and Emergency Preparedness for chemical, biological and radiological situations.
5. Must be sensitive to the needs and feelings of others and have a customer-serviceorientation.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2.Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3.Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance
Report are not eligible to apply.
4.Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5.Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
6.Candidates who are USEFMs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
2.Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3.Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
4.A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
5. Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
6.E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: [email protected] **Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261