Accounts Clerk – Payable and Consultants (FFCO.2) – The primary role of the Administrative Expenses Division (FFCO.2) is to provide efficient transaction processing services with respect to the capital and administrative expenses of the Bank and of all bilateral funds. Under the auspice of the Financial Control Department (FFCO). The Division FFCO2 not only ensures that expenses incurred are in accordance with Bank policies, but also actively seeks opportunities for savings for the Bank’s in the management of expenses. This position is to ensure prompt processing of Per Diem and advance relating to official missions and travels. Follow-up, verify and analyze and calculate reimbursement claims of staffs members and elected officers.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Division Manager, FFCO.2, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
1. Process the payment of supplier invoices and consultants fees
2. Payment of advances and Per Diem
- Receive Trips created by the department for consultants.
- Ensure that information contained in the Trips is complete and process Per Diem for payment in the currency requested.
- For incomplete information, contact the department concerned and for system issues, contact SAP Competence Centre for solution.
- Generate accounting entries, by preparing the disbursement Vouchers, for the payment of Per Diem.
- Ensure that payment proposal is generated for Per Diem and advances processed to the Treasury Department (FTRY).
- After payment proposal, follow up with FTRY to ensure that Per Diem is promptly paid.
3. Processing of reimbursement Claims
- Follow up of consultants’ un-submitted mission claims.
- Receive claims for reimbursement of mission expenses and ensure that they are approved by the User Department.
- Verify hotels bills, receipts, etc. submitted as justification for reimbursement of mission expenses.
- Apply the latest Presidential Instruction on Mission and Travels in processing mission claims.
- Pass accounting entries for mission claims processed.
- Prepare accounting entries for returned traveler’s cheques and other refunds to the bank.
- Ensure reimbursement to and deduction from consultants after processing mission claims.
4. General Duties
- Prepare necessary accounting entries to regularize accounts balances.
- Prepare memorandum to staff and other departments.
- Make periodic provisions when required.
- Perform any other assignment as may be delegated.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy / Management or an equivalent diploma/degree.
- Working experience in a similar Financial Multilateral Institution or any other similar institution.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong customer skills, ability to multitask, and attention to detail.
- Possess high-level skills communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Ability in the use of the bank standard software: Excel, Word, Power point, MS projects, Access, etc.
- SAP literacy highly recommended.