The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Administrative Assistant in the Health Unit.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as Administrative Assistant to the Medical Provider, Regional Medical Lab Scientist (RMLS) and the nurses in the medical unit. S/he serves as liaison between the medical unit and other departments of the mission and the regional posts.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- College or University studies with at least two years of Secretarial studies, Business Administration, Education, Social Sciences, Arts, Human Nutrition, or Dietetics, is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible work experience in Secretarial, Administrative or related work experience in a medical environment is required.
- Level IV (Fluency) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Good Knowledge of most professional medical terminology is required.
- Incumbent must exhibit empathy, maturity, stability, resourcefulness, adaptability and sound judgment towards a wide variety of customers. Including understanding of privacy and medical confidentiality is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance
Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Candidates who are EFMs, USEFMs, MOHs must have at least one year remaining on their sponsor’s tour of duty to be considered eligible to apply for this position.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: HRNigeria@state.gov
** Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 4261