Asset & Resource Management Company (ARM) Full Time Abia State, Abuja, Adamawa State, Agege, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra State, Asaba, Bauchi State, Bayelsa State, Benin, Benue State, Borno State, Calabar, Cross River State, Delta State, Ebonyi State, Edo State, Egbokodo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Ibadan, Ikeja, Ikorodu Road, Ikot Ekpene, Ilesa, Imo State, Jigawa State, Kaduna State, Kano State, Katsina State, Kebbi State, Kogi State, Kwara State, Lagos State, Lagos, Nigeria, lekki, Mainland, Maryland Lagos, Nasarawa State, Niger State, Nigeria, Ogun State, Ondo State, Onne, Osun State, Owerri, Oyo State, Plateau State, Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Sokoto State, Taraba State, Ubeji, Uyo, Warri, Yobe State, Zamfara State
The Advocacy Coordinator will play a central role in supporting Change Agents, and coordinating community and national advocacy efforts. The successful candidate must be one who understands and is experienced in advocacy, and who is highly organized.
This position will be located in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria and reports to the Social Empowerment Manager.
Change Agent Program Implementation And Support
- Adapting the Change Agent curriculum to the local context.
- Work with Change Agents to develop ‘work plans’ for their advocacy efforts and provide frameworks to support planning and monitoring advocacy activities.
- Manage the annual meeting with Change Agents which will be to support peer-to-peer learning, and for organizational review and learning of the program.
- Work with NGO partners to ensure that there are opportunities for Change Agents to become involved in the planning of joint-advocacy strategies.
Joint-Advocacy In Communities
- Manage the relationship with NGOs to support advocacy activities that seek to affect change at the community level.
- Collaborate with partners to develop annual joint-advocacy plans and ensure the inclusion of specific and measurable objectives which focus on VAW and WEE as well as other relevant activities for marginalized women in communities (i.e. WfWI participants/graduates).
- Ensure that WfWI participants/graduates are consulted in the development of plans in line with the progress of grants.
Joint-Advocacy With National NGOs/Partners
- Map out potential national advocacy partners for national-level advocacy (e.g. targeting national laws or government policy).
- Lead on developing partnerships with potential national advocacy partners and building engagement with them on VAW and WEE issues.
- Coordinate consultations with WfWI participants/graduates and national partners to ensure that advocacy objectives are more sensitive/inclusive to the needs of marginalized women.
Inform Key Influencers And Local Donors
- Map out and build connections with influencers and foreign officials to identify targets for WfWI to build relationships with and also develop a baseline of statements that relate to VAW and WEE by these individuals.
- Continue to monitor targets’ statements (on VAW and WEE) to measure change.
Other Duties as Assigned