About the University
Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD) is a Federal Government Licensed Private University situated at Ado-Ekiti. Location: The University which is built on a permanent site covers an area of 1,300 Acre of land on a high altitude of 17,500ft above sea level thereby providing cool and ideal climate for learning, sporting activities and commercial agriculture. Structures on ground: Imposing state-of-the-art and fully air-conditioned structures for Physical Sciences, Social and Management Sciences, Law, Sports, Hostels, Staff Quarters and modern cafeteria which provides Local, English and Continental dishes, ABUAD Bottle Water Plant, ABUAD Bakery, ABUAD Printing Press, Tuck Shops etc.
ABUAD is currently recruiting to fill the follow positions below:
- Biology/Microbiology (Lecturer II)
- Geology (Lecturer II)
- Media and Communication (Lecturer II)
- Tourism and Event Management Studies (Lecturer II)
- Political Science and International relations (Lecturer II)
- International relations and Diplomacy (Lecturer II)
- Political Science and International Studies (lecturer I)
- Tourism and Event Management Studies (Lecturer I)
- Media and Communication (Lecturer I)
- Economics (Lecturer I)
- Civil Engineering (Lecturer I)
- Petroleum Engineering ( Lecturer I)
- Mechanicals Engineering (Lecturer I)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering (Lecturer I)
- Computer Engineering (Lecturer I)
- Geology (Lecturer I)
- Computer Science (Lecturer I)
- Agriculture (Lecturer I)
- Banking and Finance (assistant Lecturer)
- Business Administration (Lecturer I)
- Media and Communication (Assistant Lecturer)
- Tourism and Event Management Studies (Assistant Lecturer)
- Political Science and International relations (Assistant Lecturer)
- International relations and Diplomacy (Assistant Lecturer)
Salary and allowances which are personal and negotiable are higher than Federal Government Consolidated Unitary Salary Structure. Salary increment is based on productivity and contribution to the development of the University.
RETIREMENT, PENSION AND OTHER WELFARE SCHEMES
The University operates a contributory Pension Fund as enacted by the Act of the National Assembly. It is mandatory for all tenure staff to take part in the contributory pension scheme.
The University shall pay 71/2 of the staff monthly basic salary to the pension fund while the staff shall pay 71/12 towards the fund. The University also has in place insurance scheme for all staff. a staff shall not be hindered by the University from drawing from the pension and insurance schemes irrespective of the service status of the University.
In addition, the University offers highly subsidized accommodation facilities for staff on the campus with adequate water and electric supply, sports and recreational facilities in a quiet and serene environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
Interested candidates for the positions advertised should Hit login button below to redirect to application page at the university portal
1. You will be required to upload your application, detailed Curriculum Vitae and other credentials in a single document (in either doc or pdf format)
2. Your Curriculum Vitae is expected to contain the following information among others:
I. Full Name (surname first in capital letters)
II. Post applied for
III. Date and place of birth (attach birth certificate/sworn affidavit)
VI. State of Origin
VII. Local Government Area
VIII. Permanent home address
IX. Current postal address including mobile telephone number
X. Marital status
XI. Number of children and their ages
XII. Institutions attended with dates
XIII. Academic/professional qualifications (attach copies of credentials)
XIV. Work experience with dates
XV. Present employment status and salary
XVI. Conference/courses attended (state title of papers presented if any)
XVII. Professional accomplishments with Research interest and activities
XVIII. Publications with dates
XIX. Service to national and or international bodies
XX. Extra-curricular activities
XXI. Any physical challenge?
XXII. Names and addresses of three (3) referees who must have been closely associated with candidates/work experience one of which must be the head of department or Dean/Provost of the applicant
i. Be disciplined, dedicated, loyal and well dressed.
ii. Be ready to imbibe ABUAD’S philosophy to reform Education by example.
iii. Have the ability for team-work and have a high level of human relation skills.