The Team Leader will be responsible for the overall management of the evaluation, including coordinating and packaging the deliverables. The Team Leader will develop the outline for the draft report, present the report, and after incorporating USAID/Nigeria staff comments, submit the final report to USAID/Nigeria through DevTech Systems Inc within the prescribed timeline. In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
- Finalize and negotiate with USAID/Nigeria the team’s work plan.
- Establish assignment roles, responsibilities, and tasks for each team member.
- Ensure that the logistics arrangements in the field are complete.
- Take the lead on preparing, coordinating team member input, submitting, revising and finalizing the assignment report.
- Manage the process of report writing.
- Manage team coordination meetings in the field.
- Coordinate the workflow and tasks and ensure that team members are adhering to the schedule.
- Ensure harmony within the team.
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria and serve as the spokesperson for the team.
- Debrief USAID/Nigeria as the evaluation progresses and organize a final debriefing.
- Keep USAID/Nigeria apprised of progress challenges, work changes, team travel plans in the field, and report preparation via phone conversation or email at least once a week.
- Serve as primary interface with USAID/Nigeria for the submission of draft and final reports, and deliverables to USAID/Nigeria.
- Make decisions in conjunction with USAID/Nigeria about the safety and security of the team.
- Assume technical direction lead, as required, in order to ensure quality and appropriateness of assignment and report content.
Deliverables, Level of Effort, & Schedule:
The Team Lead will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Document Review Summary and proposed outline of draft evaluation report (either prior to the field or at the end of first week of interviewing).
- Detailed Work Plan detailing evaluation methodological approach and draft schedule of field activities and draft and final questionnaire(s) to be used during interviews (prior to travel to the field).
- Summary of initial findings, including a PowerPoint Briefing (at the end of follow‐up and synthesis effort and prior to Team’s departure from Nigeria).
- Draft Evaluation Report.
- A summary of “key steps in the evaluation, key findings, recommendations and next steps” and a PowerPoint presentation of these.
- Final Evaluation Report (within two weeks of receiving Mission comments on draft report).
The Team Lead will have 55 days LOE for all evaluation activities.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- A graduate degree in Development Economics, Public Policy, Economics, Business Administration, Agriculture, or a related field.
- At least ten (10) years of experience assessing or evaluating USAID-supported agricultural policy and agricultural value chain activities.
- Previous experience serving as an evaluation Team Leader on a USAID-supported agricultural policy activity.
- Previous experience working in Africa.
- Experience facilitating and providing leadership in collaborative and participatory evaluations with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to produce preliminary and final reports on time.
Please submit CV in .doc/.docx format if possible and include at least three professional references (name, title, company, relationship to you (e.g. former supervisor at XYZ), telephone number, and email address).
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.