USAID/Nigeria in Abuja is seeking to employ suitable and qualified candidate for the Agricultural and Environment Specialist position in the Economic Growth and Environment (EGE) Office.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is responsible for developing and managing complex agriculture and environmental activities as well as providing leadership in monitoring and evaluation. S/he serves as the Mission Environment Officer (MEO) and will work across the Mission to ensure environmental compliance with Agency regulation for all technical offices.
The program will provide formal and informal training to Mission staff on environmental screening to mitigate adverse impacts on natural resources. Additionally, s/he will oversee the performance management plan and monitoring and evaluation for the Economic Growth & Environment Office.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Environmental Science, or a related field is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years professional experience in design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of agriculture, environment, and related activities, including two years of experience managing donor-funded assistance programs in the agriculture and /or environment sector is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English Language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of agriculture development and environmental resource management is required.
- Familiarity with global climate change, sustainable landscapes, bio-diversity preservation, renewable energy, environmental screening and monitoring, and value chain development is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Ability to negotiate effectively on major operational and technical matters at high-level government, donor, and private sector levels is required.
When fully qualified, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus,
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation such as degrees or diplomas earned and NYSC Certificates/exemptions or awards.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures.
- E-mails received without the appropriate subject line and incomplete applications will not be considered.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
**Mailed (paper/hard copies) applications will NOT be accepted.
POINT OF CONTACT:
Tel: 09-461-4000 Ext 9319