Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
The role holder will be responsible for the implementation of strategies and programs to ensure a ready slate of candidates for future leadership positions. Also responsible for implementation of career development strategies for employees at all levels of the organization.
Implementation of Effective Talent Sourcing strategies
- Implements strategies for assessing and developing talent.
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement to existing Talent Acquisition processes and procedures.
- Define criteria for search; facilitate interviews, assessment and ranking of candidates; Ensures background checks through third party provider as required by contract.
- Consults with Hiring managers and HR Consultants to understand business requirements and roles in the function in need of establishing or enhancing pipeline of candidates.
- Manage the full-life cycle recruiting effort by working with the HR Consultants to determine hiring requirements.
- Manage professional recruitment; inclusive of professional recruiters, outsource partners for development and execution full life cycle recruitment plans; ensure the candidate, client, team, and recruiter experiences are met with exceptional service delivery
- Effectively manage Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) with external vendors/recruitment consultants
- Ensure accessibility to talents for key positions.
Effective implementation of Talent Management practices
- Facilitate Annual Talent Review/Succession Planning process and ensures consistent methodology and outcomes company-wide.
- Develop and track completion of developmental actions from Talent Review discussions to build internal capability
- Implements 360 Leadership program and other assessments as appropriate.
- Facilitates briefings for leaders on initiatives that pertain to leadership and developing bench strength
Achievement of No. of Annual Training Days per on-roll employee as per Airtel Nigeria’s target & %age completion of Self-Development Plans
- Plan & faciliate leadership and Functional Training Needs Analysis
- Develop and implement Annual Training Calendar
- Identify, negotiate, finalize & monitor training vendors’ services in terms of timeliness, effectiveness & cost.
- Facilitate post training review and carry out analysis of the effectiveness of training programs for business decision making.
Drive Change Management
- Faciliate the design, deployment and implementation of all organizational change projects in line with Airtel corporate & people strategies.
- Implement a continuous employee feedback mechanism to reinforce the change and transformation journey.
- Develop communication materials to support talent management initiatives.
World Class On-Boarding Programme for new joiners
- Facilitate qualitative induction on Airtel Nigeria culture, processes and systems to ease new appointees into their roles
- Ensure effective on-boarding implementation to manage pre-mature attrition
Achievement of Cost optimization Target on Recruitment and Training costs
- To estimate, devise & propose a manpower based Annual Training, temporary staff and recruitment budget on an on-going basis monitor & control the budget
Desired Skills and Experience
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources, Business, or a related field required
- A professional qualification of CIPMN, CIPD, SHRM or in view.
- Knowledge of talent management principles and practices.
- Internal Consulting skills
- Considerable skill in interviewing techniques.
- Extensive knowledge of human resources policies and procedures and relevant laws regarding employment practices is essential.
- Ability to manage projects effectively and taking initiative and using sound judgment; to maintain confidentiality and ethical interpersonal behavior;
- Possess demonstrated ability to analyze complex problems, organizational or customer requirements, situations or dynamics and to recommend and develop appropriate strategies or interventions to address them
- Knowledge of the mission, strategy, structure, lines of authority, financial position and systems of the organization.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of talent management experience
- 2-3 experience as a HR Business Partner
- Demonstrated experience in recruitment and selection.
- Managed a change process
- Ability to build and maintain solid business relationships
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, including use of data, problem-solving
- Excellent judgment
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and create value within all levels of the organization.
- Creative, forward thinker