Alexander Nelson: HR Executive – We are a human resources firm dedicated to helping our clients find, grow and retain the best talent in the global marketplace. We challenge ourselves everyday to go beyond our client’s expectations in providing them with world class consulting and human capital development services.
Role Profile – HR Executive
- Assist in the recruiting and hiring process, developing role descriptions, posting job openings, reviewing resumes, shortlisting candidates, scheduling and conducting telephone and face to face interviews etc.
- Updating HR databases
- Researching and collecting data for various HR initiatives
- Perform previous experience reference and background checks
- Preparing materials for orientation
- Conducting new Staff orientation
- Preparing HR related correspondence
- Assisting with the recruitment and selection process
- Provide support in developing and administering HR policies and procedures
- Create, update and maintain HR records (electronic and hardcopies)
- Administer payroll responsibilities as required
- Coordinate and organize staff training programs
- Provide assistance with performance management related tasks such as sending performance appraisal related correspondents, scheduling and organising appraisals etc.
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, workshops and activities
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Provide staff orientations
- Conduct reference checks on potential applicants
- Provide advice to Staff on human resource and work related issues.
- Provide assistance to the human resource unit by performing any other related task
- HR related degree is desirable
- Relevant experience gained during a course placement, trainee programs or previous employment etc.
- Knowledge of Nigerian employment law, ability to analyse, interpret and explain employment law;
Skills and abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and internet applications;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Initiative and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of HR documents and other personal information
- Strong analytical skills
- Project management abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Comfortable challenging the status-quo and making suggestions for improvement
- integrity and approachability
- Emotional intelligence