Location: Lagos, Nigeria Context/Scope
- Guinness Nigeria plc is a strategically important market for Diageo and for the Global Lager Portfolio being one of the most competitive globally.
- This role is important to establishing Nigeria as the #1 Beer Market globally.
- This role focuses on the step-change in investment and management of the Lager Category in Africa and beyond.
Support the Lager team in the Management and accountability for implementation of A&P spend across portfolio, efficiencies and evaluation across all activities. .
Work across all Nigeria to drive growth and profitability and to deliver market share
- Leadership Responsibilities:
The role holder will work with the other members of the Lager Team to deliver the Big Ideas/Growth Drivers initiatives for the entire Lager portfolio (Harp, Dubic, Satzenbrau among others)
Purpose of Role
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities which drive equity and brand growth for the Lager Portfolio at both National and Regional level based on real consumer insights.
- Translate strategy into action by defining and implementing the Lager Strategy to achieve or exceed targeted NSV, Market Share and Volume objectives for Guinness Nigeria plc while managing A&P investment to plan.
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager, Lager Team, and other Consumer Connections & Customer Marketing teams to grow the Guinness Nigeria Lager Portfolio aggressively through a relentless drive to deliver breakthrough opportunities.
Top 3- 5 Accountabilities
Play a Supporting Role In The Following Activities
- Support the development of GAME Plans for Lagers in Nigeria and the execution of all lager brands initiatives.
- Brand and Commercial execution including evaluation of big ideas/Growth Drivers initiatives for the brands.
- Significant contact with advertising agencies in the development of brand communications
- Significant contact with cross-functional teams e.g. Sales, trade marketing, procurement and suppliers of marketing services in the delivery of brand initiatives
- Management of 3rd Party Goods and Suppliers with procurement.
- Maintain business critical controls and compliance documentation and adhering to smart brand approvals in accordance with the Diageo policy.
Qualifications And Experience Required (Max 5 – 8 Key Requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree/Higher National Diploma (Minimum Second Class Lower or Lower Credit)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a blue chip FMCG company
- Project management certification will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills to build good working relationships across all functions and markets
- Convincing Personality, good planner, self –starter and committed to results
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Commercial acumen, confident,enthusiastic and persuasive