Bid Manager – MTN Nigeria, one of the largest telecom operator has the vacancy below for a suitably qualified person to join its Enterprise Solutions Management
Job Title: Bid Manager
- Support Commercial And Technical Project Evaluation
- Develop Business Case/Business Models
- Communicate Business Plans And Analysis
- Support Tender/Bid Response For Corporate And Major Accounts (CMA) Projects
- Understand And Resolve Complex Technical, Strategic And Business Issues
- Prepare, Submit And Present Proposals, Business Plans, Reports And Other Required Documentation
- Collate Commercial Requirements For Major Bids/Tenders
- Collate Departmental Requirements To Support Business Solutions Division’s Budget Process
- Support Corporate Customer –Facing Activities
- Provide Professional Inputs And Advice To The ES Account Teams On The Production And Presentation Of Bid Documentation.
- Use Standard Templates To Produce Bid Documents, Coordinate Inputs From The Account Teams, Pre-Sales Engineers And Commercial/Legal/Finance Teams
- Review And Provide Thorough Analysis On Complex Bid Documents And Coordinate Inputs From The Buyers (Customers), Account Teams, Pre-Sales Engineers And Commercial/Legal/Finance Teams
- Obtain Concurrence From Relevant Groups In MTN Regarding The Content Of Bids (Including Contract Management, Legal, Financial, Systems Engineering, Networks, IT, And Product Groups).
- Undertake Final Quality Checks On Bid Documents Before They Are Submitted To Customers, Ensuring Full Bid Compliance With The Terms Of Customer RFP Or RFT.
- Forward Details Of Bid Documents To The ES Stakeholders (Account Manager, Pre-Sales, Solutions Development) When Bids Are Successful.
- Archive All Bid Materials
- Full Integration Of Quality Management Processes Within The Systems Engineering (Pre-Sales & Solutions Development) And Their Effective Deployment On A Day-To-Day Basis.
- Provide Regular Performance Reports On Bid Performance Work For The Pre-Sales Manager And Account Teams.
- Make Recommendations For Improvements To Bid Processes Based On Analysis Of Performance.
- Provide Technical And System Solution Support To The Business Solution’s Sales Team
- Define Clients’ Requirements (Technical, Commercial And Governance Requirements)
- Assist The Sales Team In Defining Corporate Clients Technical Needs With Technical/Engineering Teams (ES Pre-Sales, ES Solutions Development, IS, NWG)
- Ensure Timely Delivery Of Compliant And Commercially Sound Bids And Track Progress And Communicate With All Teams
- Manage The Release And Approval Of Vital Bid/Tender Documents Such As Bid Bonds/Security/Bank Guarantee, Power Of Attorney, Bid Forms, Bid Quality Assurance Form And All Other Required Bid Documents
- Provide Bid Management Support For All Proposals To Nominated Enterprise Solutions Strategic, Corporate And SME Customers
- Provide Business Analysis, Documentation And Support For All ES Bid Requirements
- Manage The Bid Qualification Process For New Opportunities (Bids, RFP, RFQ, ITT, Expression Of Interest –EoI)
- General MTNN Working Conditions
- Extra Working Hours May Be Required
Experience & Training
- A First Degree In Engineering, Information Management, Finance, Accounting Or Any Social Science Course
At Least 6 Years Working Experience Including:
- At Least 4 Years Financial And Technical Sales Experience Preferably In The Telecoms/ICT Environment
- Knowledge Of ICT, Telecoms Systems, Technologies And Terminologies
- Project Management Certification Or Training
- Previous/Current Experience Working In A Bid Team
- Excellent Communicator (Effective Presentation And Writing Skills)
- Proven Bid Team Involvement
- High Proficiency In Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project)
Minimum Qualification BA, BEd, HND, BSc Or BTech