The Media and PR Manager is accountable for all Media activity, Sponsorships and PR Exploitation with direct responsibility in specified market/s and also provide supporting role in other markets of the cluster where required. This involves managing global, regional and local assets.
The position reports to Brand & Comms Manager in ASEAN Leadership team and can be based in any of the ASEAN countries.
• Accountable for Media plans development and execution across traditional & Digital media ensuring best possible RoI to support Powerbrand Brand Health KPIs delivery across spaces
• Responsible for managing Media, Sponsorship & PR activation budgets in the specified geographies
• Responsible for Post Buy analysis working with media agency to measure performance against delivery
• Working with ASEAN Mktg teams, defining and delivering thought leadership on building Masterbrand & Powerbrands messaging internally & externally, leveraging and influencing our senior leadership to ensure communications are on message in our marcomms.
• Define the PR strategy and manage external PR working with Cluster & In Market space and channel activation teams, including development of annual plan, application of efficient PR development and approval processes, agency management, performance tracking and quality assurance
• Responsible for the administrative management of creative, media, sponsorship and promotional agencies. Ensures approvals are granted in a timely fashion and that all invoices are processed and accounted for accurately.
• Work with the Digital team to identify and test new channels and engagement activity for Media, PR & Sponsorship activation
• Responsible for all Sponsorship activities in the defined markets. This includes managing Global Assets as well as any market related ones. It also involves coordinating the activation ensuring maximum utilisation of all assets.
• Ensures consistent representation of the Castrol masterbrand across the region.
• Develop and implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
• Understand, embed within the team and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role, as part of the Auto Marketing role card.
• Develop digital media strategy on key overall marketing framework initiatives.
• Plan, monitor and provide strategic initiatives to all social media channels.
• University degree in Marketing or related discipline
Essential experience and job requirements
• Media and PR expertise a must
• Event management highly desirable
• Strong competencies in strategic thinking and awareness of thought leadership
• Evidence of effective networking and relationship building skills both internally and externally
• Ability to work with and influence multi-cultural and dispersed stakeholders
• Understanding of Marketing Comms in a B2B environment desirable
• Experience of working in a matrix organization with complex customer interfaces
• Lubricants experience desirable but not essential
• High degree of personal impact
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Wide understanding of digital marketing solutions with track record of digital & social media performance in ASEAN/A&P markets
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.
Desirable criteria & qualifications
KEY COMPETENCIES / LEVEL
Market Understanding – Skilful
Identifying and Implementing Media Choices – Mastery
Defining Integrating Marketing Communication Plans – Mastery
Performance Monitoring – Skilful
Brand Management – Skilful
Project & Relationship Management – Skilful
Yes – up to 25%
Is this a part time position?