The Product Line Manager contributes to Portfolio and Product Line Management across the region, delivering product range as provided by the Brand & Comms Team. Advises Brand Managers on product change implementation. (Introductions / Deletions). Owns labelling and packaging stages in Streamline for Region. Acts as a CoE for Streamline users in Region providing Training, Support and Guidance on PLM specific subjects
Ensures compliance of the portfolio to meet HSSEQ, Regulatory, Technology and Brand of SKU portfolio on labels aligned to the Marketing role card.
The job holder will report to the Marketing Operations Manager who is part of the Regional Marketing Leadership team. It has no direct reports, but will involve a high degree of influencing people within the Brand & Comms team and outside the reporting relationship.
The role is ideally based in Swindon but could be flexible within Europe.
- Own and maintain the label data for Europe and Africa in Fusion Packs and Labels, including the artwork review process with countries to ensure compliance with local legislation.
- Work with the Brand & Comms Team to establish a budget for their projects and to manage this spend within the guidelines set out for the Marketing Team.
- Take the Lead in application of label look and feel for portfolio projects, work with Regional Suppliers, Brand & Comms Team and Global Marketing to deliver the bestoptimised designs.
- Act as the subject matter expert on labels and advise the business on all matters regarding labels design, use, efficiency and capability.
- Support quality-related queries as they relate to packaging and or formulation issues.
- Supports all products across the entire Europe and Africa Automotive business. The nature of the projects, and products are pan region rather than individual market.
- Liaise with OPEX team and local marketing colleagues when managing change to current product line.
- There will be a requirement to work with regional team members in other functions to ensure they are aware of proposed changes, to enable successful change. This will include GLT, Supply Chain, Procurement.
- Engage with external providers to deliver high quality automotive product labels, that are accurate, compliant, and within brief.
- Dedicated Brand ownership of a subset of product in our portfolio, and accountable for managing label review, label creation or amendments for business as usual streamline requests from markets, including new products, geographic extensions, or deletions.
- Deliver project specific PLM work packages for ranges of our portfolio as part of regional projects and activities, including support project planning activities, managing complex mapping documentation, and delivering changed products and labels.
- Implement a systematic approach through the embedding of relevant OMS elements and ensuring appropriate risk reviews are undertaken appropriately.
- Understand, embed within the team and fulfil agreed specific Product Quality & Compliance accountabilities which apply to the role, as part of the Auto Marketing role card.
- This role is responsible for completing a full MOC of activity from the previous job holders as part of E&E transformation.
Key challenges faced on the role
Federal behaviours and compliance are critical to ensure we can optimize our growth opportunities in markets through appropriate route to market.
- University degree in Marketing, Chemistry or equivalent experience
Essential experience and job requirements
- Project Management experience, with understanding and application of processes, tools & techniques employed
- Able to work closely with teams at all levels and functions in the organization – essential
- Able to manage large throughputs of change and workloads, with experience in a methodical approach using tracking tools or logs to enable successful delivery and report progress to stakeholders essential
- Planning and / or performance management essential
- Communications and change management desirable
- Experience translating “the big picture” into tangible and understandable actions for others desirable
- Familiar with managing conflict, able to understand the issues involved and facilitate a resolution desirable
- Experience working with different cultures and nationalities
- Needs eye for detail, to ensure every change is accurate and compliant to internal, and external regulatory standards essential
- Experience of Castrol processes and systems, and familiar with product line management approach desirable.
Knowledge of current Automotive product range is advantageous. Including brand hierarchy, applications, and product performance profiles desirable
The job holder will provide support in the completion of the Marketing Plan, and provide input and output for the following planning purposes;
- Brand and Channel Plans
- Marketing plans and ASP investment plan
- Feed into the annual OD&I planning
- Input to Roadmapper and annual project prioritisation
Other Requirements (e.g. Travel, Location)
There are no additional requirements. Please respond with N/A below.