Diageo Nigeria needs Brewery Finance Manager. See details below:
Context of the role
Guinness Nigeria operates a TBA model including beer, APNADS, mainstream spirits and Diageo international premium spirits brands (IPS). GN operations are fully integrated supply and demand units including 3 production sites. As a publicly quoted business we lead exemplary service to our customers, maximizing the value of our assets and investments, protecting the reputation of our business and brands, enabling innovation, and developing the capability of our people.
The role partners with the Site Director and plant leadership team to ensure efficiency improvement and cost reduction initiatives in the site operations to deliver value and embed cost leadership.
This role is responsible for decision support and ensuring accountability with adequate engagement to explore opportunities within operations to support delivery of our performance ambition
Purpose of the role
Developing and leading an expert Operations Finance function in Nigeria, covering performance management, decision support and process / control excellence across COGS, inventory and Capex. Partnering with the Site Director, Customer Service Logistics & Planning Director and their Leadership teams to deliver excellent, well planned outcomes including productivity agenda.
- Multiplicity of operating sector types, Beer, APNADS, Mainstream Spirits, and International Premium Spirits.
- Integrated Demand and Supply Operations, volatile operating environment with significant growth ambition.
- Play a key role with Plant budget holders, Engineers, Shift Managers, other Operations Managers across Supply and Finance leadership team to create the winning mind-set required to deliver productivity for the year.
- Partner the various plant budget holders to create and deliver productivity opportunities
- Strong functional influence across the plant and Customer Service & logistics.
- Key role in Plant leadership team, Customer Service Logistics & Planning leadership team and Finance leadership team.
- Take the lead in embedding excellent CC&E standards in Supply and leading the development of an expert Supply Finance function in Nigeria.
- Work in partnership with each member of the plant leadership team to identify cost efficiency and cost saving initiatives and create strong partnerships to deliver on those productivity targets
- Ensure brilliant execution on identified initiatives and call for timely course correction to ensure there is no barrier to the delivery of benefits
- Provide strong leadership and monitoring of the productivity initiatives
- Drive performance management in Supply across COGS, Logistics and Capex, ensuring transparency, accuracy and delivery of targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree in relevant field as well as a recognized accounting professional qualification
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in FMCG company
- Leadership experience, strong analytical, influencing, communication and problem solving skills.
- Sound IT knowledge in the use of outlook (Micro soft Excel, Vision Executive/XL, Word and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge in accounting package-SAP