WTSEnergy is looking for Chief Mechanic to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Attends and promote the safety meetings and have special safety meetings with his mechanic crew whenever necessary.
- Attends all the safety drills held onboard.
- Ensure good housekeeping in his/her area.
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Saipem and by the Operator and promote the implementation of same.
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment and are safety minded in their day to day work.
- Ensure that no mechanical work that requires a “work permit” or mechanical/electrical isolation is started until a proper investigation has been carried out and approvals have been given in writing.
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformances job.
- React timely to all corrective action requests.
- Ensure that personnel under his supervision possess the necessary qualifications and experience to properly carry out the work assigned to them from a professional as well as a safety point of view.
- Be familiar with all the classification society’s and the authority’s rules and regulation applicable to his area of responsibility.
- Ensures that before and maintenance activity is started, a proper risk evaluation is carried out precautions have been taken and “Work Permit” has been signed, in case of need.
- Uses compulsory protective equipment and be safety minded during his/her day to day work.
- Familiarize himself with reporting routines regarding the AMOS based maintenance system onboard.
- The Chief Mechanic shall have a good knowledge of mechanical parts of the rig and equipment, with drilling equipment.
- At least five years of experience in Jack up units. His/her training referred to the assignment and in accordance to the requirements of Oil & Gas Industry to work offshore (OPITO).
- He shall have a good command of both written and spoken English.