Chief Technology Officer (CTO) – Nimbus Resource Solutions has been exclusivley retained by this Billion Dollar revenue inbound Logistics organisation based in Lagos. The company is seeking a senior level (C-Level) individual with a broad experience of large scale IT systems. The ideal candidate will report in to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate should be able to analyse and understand business requirements and translate these into system and software solutions. In addition, the person has to be a problem solver. In the IT division the company constantly faces new challenges, this person needs to be able to think on his feet and come up with innovative solutions to the problems that surface within the business.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Bridge the gap between IT and management in a way that he/she can communicate comfortably with both
- Work with the Board of Directors on strategy as well as translate business ideas and requests in to IT solutions
- Contribute to the overall strategy/direction of the technology department and advise on best practice
- Ensure company’s technological infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently
- Software selection, evaluation and implementation
- Development of large software systems as well as customization of existing software
- Ability to reduce dependencies
- Ability to simplify the complex
Desired Skills and Experience:
The candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 10 years experience in IT management and delivery position, ideally from a logistics background
- All round skill set in IT infrastructure, networks, IT security, application development and project roll outs
- ERP systems experience, preferably SAP
- Integrating various software solutions into one working system
- Development of large software systems
- Customisation of existing software
- Ability to command a multi cultural team based in different locations
- Knowledge in any of the following IT skills would be ideal: Network administration, Security of machines and networks, including defenses against hacking attacks, Database design and optimization, XML, PRISM, .NET and C#, Modern software design, including three tier applications.
Attractive remuneration package