The Business Entity
Cisco Technical Services (TS) in EMEAR is a Strategic Differentiator to our transformational & strategic accounts, and a business differentiator to our top Partners, by accelerating customer and partner success and loyalty with new TS offers.
The EMEAR compliance team is responsible for certification of Cisco’s entire product range in the region in order to support Cisco’s business objectives for EMEAR. The new hire, to be based locally, will be responsible for the entire African continent.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the certification (type approval) of Cisco products in the region (Africa).
- He/she will support the local partners/distributors with the customs/importation procedures in case these procedures are linked to product compliance.
- He/she will Influence the Regulations in order to reduce the burden of approvals by having international standards accepted rather than national standards.
- His/her responsibilities may include active participation or follow up on specific activities taking place within the ATU (African Telecommunications Union)
- He/she holds a university degree or equivalent, preferable in Telecommunications
- He/she is (or will become) familiar with the Radio, EMC, Safety, Telecom, Energy Efficiency, … regulations and related certification procedures in African countries.
- He/she is fluent in and English and French, knowledge of Arabic is an asset
- He/she understands how to approach the individual authorities and how develop and negotiate contracts or conditions with the authorities or certification bodies including organizing factory visits as they might be part of the certification process in these countries. He/she will establish and maintain an excellent relationship with those authorities.
- He/she is (or will become) familiar with the import procedures, at least for those countries where the import procedures are linked to product compliance. That might also require close cooperation with other Cisco departments such as Logistics, Tax, Export Compliance, etc..
How to Apply
Click job title above to apply