The Compliance Testing team exists to assist in the management and oversight of Compliance risk in the following ways: Jobs in Nigeria
- To complete Compliance Reviews using a strong, independent and consistent global process
- To pro-actively identify areas of compliance risk and escalate these to senior management for resolution
- To ensure that effective and timely corrective actions plans are in place to address any areas of compliance risk that are identified
The goal of the Compliance Testing Team in EMEA is to ensure adherence to regulatory requirements, and to perform planned reviews against regulatory requirements and pertinent processes.
The Compliance Testing Officer will be expected to perform reviews of specific areas of regulatory compliance and coordinate the execution of testing on a region-wide basis by other Compliance staff, operating as a virtual team.
The Officer will also be expected to review regulatory requirements to determine appropriate test programme coverage.
Desired Skills and Experience
• The Compliance Testing Officer (‘The Officer’) will perform analysis against regulatory risks and associated controls and conduct testing of these in accordance with predetermined standards and test programmes
• The Officer will be involved in reviews covering various businesses and processes across all sectors
• The Officer will work on reviews both in the capacity of lead reviewer as well as participant in the reviews led by other team members
• The Officer will perform remote reviews, both through the centralised capture of data amenable to sample-based and testing and through the development of virtual review teams, able to be directed by the Officer towards the collaborative execution of a review
• Based in the regional office (London) the officer will work with various countries in providing consultancy on control issues surfaced during compliance reviews in the respective countries
• Reviews will be conducted based on both those planned for the year (thematic, horizontal, targeted, ad-hoc) or on account of regulatory and/or business/industry issues
• The Officer will work on individual projects assigned from time to time within the Compliance Testing remit
• The Officer will be a member of the regional Compliance Testing Team and will be expected to provide a strong advisory role in the unit’s activities, strategy and development
- Minimum 10 years industry experience with a background in Compliance, Risk or Audit, preferably gained in an international financial institution
- In-depth understanding of audit methodology, risk and control analysis
- Experience of at least three major areas of banking operations, including very good knowledge of Corporate Banking products, processes, procedures and regulations
- A good knowledge of multiple control testing environments