This role will report functionally to the BHGE SSA CFO and will be responsible for Commercial Operations Finance including contract negotiations and support the regional Sales and Commercial Operations teams. It will provide key finance input into the contract T&Cs and deal structure and require a strong coordination with HQ and development of framework for project finance and full stream deals within the region.
- Partner with Sales, Operations, Legal, Tax and Risk teams in bid prioritization, contract structuring and terms, decision-making and customer negotiations surrounding commercial deals and transactions
- Develop of commercial models by business to allow the appropriate pricing and margin protection for each BHGE businesses, including understanding the application of correct tax models, using adequate FX exposure management driven by currency rules for the respective country in SSA.
- Actively participate in Bid to Win meetings to provide management with a balanced view on risks associated to the bid & suggest mitigations
- Drive key strategic sales initiatives with SSA regional and commercial leadership team focus on penetration and commercial intensity
- Develop Financing solutions that can enable ‘winning bids’ and differentiate GE proposals from the customers
- Leads the Financing QMI pipeline validation and tracking of progress
- Manage relationships with banks regarding trade finance products, such as Letters of Credit/ Bank Guarantee during both orders transaction and project execution phases of projects
- Develop financial & technical modeling processes, ensuring business objectives are met in the proposal process
- Work across internal organizations to instill core knowledge / competency on products/services and contract processes
- Support price measurement mechanism by working closely with ITO/pricing leader & monitoring key price deviations at a deal stage
- Lead simplification projects across SSA commercial finance
- Communicate to the finance manager, Product Company CFO and Commercial Finance COE on risks & opportunities of accepting deviations for specific deals.
- Create the go forward processes to be used in SSA and interact with the different commercial HQ teams to ensure those processes are coordinated and aligned with already established global processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or business from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 5 years of finance experience
- Strong leadership skills with cross functional peers
- Experience of finance within industry, or similar
- Corporate Audit Staff experience preferred
- US GAAP experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a matrix team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence others and drive change while working across all levels, functions, and regions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate complex business issues in a clear/concise manner
- Strong analytical skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications, strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, vlookup and macros) and strong skills in PowerPoint.
- Clear thinking/problem solving: successfully led projects/process improvements within operations/finance functions involving process improvements; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Adaptable/Flexible: being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Proactive work style, creativity, high energy
- Demonstrated ability to engage in high-level sales and business discussions.
- Creativity, decisiveness and a strong focus on processes to ensure that the best economic decisions are made