MTN Nigeria needs Commercial Legal Advisor. See details of the offer below:
- To Provide The Company Advisory Service Regarding The Drafting, Legality, Structuring, Fiscal Efficiency And Compliance Of Contractual Arrangements.
- Ensure Continuous Liaison With External Solicitors For Regular Updates, Compliance With Procedural Rules Of Court, Stipulated Time Limits For Actions, Etc. So As To Minimize The Cost And Adverse Effect Of Litigation.
- Review Legal Cases, Petitions And Internal Matters Requiring Legal Input /Perspective, Consult With All Relevant Parties, Advise On Case/Petition/Legal Related Matter, Provide Recommendation On Course Of Action And Effectively Take Appropriate And Approved Action In Accordance With The Rules And Regulations Of MTNN.
- Draft Legal Agreements And Review All Relevant Documentation Supporting Contracts For Authenticity And Validity, Reviewing Commercial Agreements And Documentations Of Transactions.
- Conduct Proactive Prevention Of Litigation, Ensuring Legal Processes And Services Are Effective And Efficient In Line With Defined And Approved Design And Rules.
- Administer Controls To Ensure Compliance With Statutory And Regulatory Requirements And Effectively Integrate Ethics, Compliance And Preventive Law Efforts, Ensuring MTNN Activities Are Compliant With Laid Down Laws And Governing Regulations/Statutes.
- Prepare Monthly Management Reports.
- Carry Out Legal (Administrative) Services Work Including Liaison/Correspondence With External Bodies And Organizations, Structuring And Negotiating Commercial Transactions.
- Settle Legal Issues Between MTNN And 3rd Parties, Assisting In Managing Liquidations And Disputes.
- Continuously Seek Self-Professional Development To Sharpen Skills And Capabilities In A Versatile And Evolving Digital Landscape.
- Foster Active Collaboration And Relationships With Employees Across All Levels And Divisions In Line With MTN’s VB And Values.
- Normal MTNN Working Conditions
- May Be Required To Work Extended Hours
- National / International Travel And A Valid Driver’s License.
Experience & Training
- Minimum Of 3 Year Post Degree
- Fluent In English
- Minimum Of 2 Years’ Experience In An Area Of Specialisation; With Experience In Supervising Others
- Experience Working In A Medium Organization
- Civil/Commercial Litigation Experience.
- Knowledge Of Telecommunications Environment Will Be An Advantage.
- Commercial/Technical And/Or Further Legal Qualification Will Be An Advantage
- Experience In Handling And Negotiating Funding
- In Depth Experience And Understanding Of The Nigerian Framework
- Basic GSM Technology
- Contract Drafting And Negotiation Skills.
BA, BEd, BSc Or HND