RusselSmith Group Shops Compressor Operator in Nigeria to carry out the following responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Switch from automatic to manual controls and isolate equipment mechanically and electrically to allow for safe inspection and repair work.
• Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
• Monitor and inspect equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
• Analyze problems and take appropriate action to ensure continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems.
• Clean and lubricate boilers and auxiliary equipment and make minor adjustments as needed, using hand tools.
• Perform or arrange for repairs, such as complete overhauls, replacement of defective valves, gaskets, or bearings, or fabrication of new parts.
• Operate or tend stationary engines, boilers, and auxiliary equipment such as pumps, compressors, and air-conditioning equipment, to supply and maintain steam or heat for buildings, marine vessels, or pneumatic tools.
• Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
• Test boiler water quality or arrange for testing and take necessary corrective action, such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
• Adjust controls and/or valves on equipment to provide power, and to regulate and set operations of system or industrial processes.
• Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
• Weigh, measure, and record fuel used.
• Install burners and auxiliary equipment, using hand tools.
• Contact equipment manufacturers or appropriate specialists when necessary to resolve equipment problems.
• Carry out Emergency Responses duties in line with Client’s requirement.
• Perform other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Good housekeeping standards
• Strong safety leadership skills
Sitting for extended periods is common. Hearing, vision and speaking within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations and to receive ordinary information.
Heavy lifting is expected.
The job is performed outdoors