Hewlett-Packard HP now recruiting Computing Area Category Manager. See details below:
HP Sales is not for the faint hearted. It requires robust knowledge of HP’s new and existing products and services, as well as communicating complex information to our partners and end-users. The scope is highly collaborative—working with internal and external stakeholders to drive sales activities at multiple organizational levels for overall sales growth.
The Computing Area Category Manager (CAF) ACM is the key person between CEMA Category and CAF Country team for any topic around business management and product management. He/She is also the key linkage between functions (Finances, Marketing, Sales) and Category.
The ACM’s mission is to define and drive the CPS strategy for the countries he has the ownership based on key KPIs (revenue, margin, WOS, market share, …). As key interface between country and CEMA, the CAF ACM must have a detailed understanding of the countries business landscape and the country’s needs (Competition, product, feature, price, …) and ensure those are well understood by CEMA Central Category.
- From Quarterly business plan (Game Plan) to Operational excellence (Right product with the right price at the right moment)
- Drives the Product portfolio, Product offering, Product mix
- Drives strategic initiative execution in the countries
- Controls Product Pricing and Margin, Promotion
- Ensures smooth Product introduction & End Of Life
- Supports Sales and marketing (Documentation, product trainings, presentation to customers/partners, …)
- Manage relationship with key Alliances partner
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Finance
- Typically 5-8 years of professional experience with a combination of Marketing, Sales, Business Planning
- Consumer and/or Commercial partner management expertise OR End User Account management as an alternative
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Solid understanding of the IT industry, computing vendors, and channel business
- Business Planning skills, comfortable to manage high complexity business planning and reporting
- Financial planning and modelling skills
- Negotiation skills and ability to frame the product value proposition to customers and partners
- Strong Communication skills at any level (internally and externally), Public speaking
- Professionalism & Teamwork
- Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Research, Writing