Contract Engineer – The Hobark group provides manpower, offers drilling, consultancy services and provides logistic support. We also offer catering services, procurement of manufacturing equipment, and construction equipment for the Oil & Gas industries.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
– Prepare, review and administer contracts during the various stages of the construction process of LDF projects.
– Establish and maintain contract records and ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
– Monitor the status of each contract undertaken by LDF.
– Hold responsibility for contracts and ongoing relationships with LDF contractors.
– Oversee the entire bidding process, soliciting estimates from various vendors, comparing them for purchasing decisions.
– Systematically and efficiently manage contract creation, execution, tender contracts, and bid analysis for LDF projects.
– Oversees the contracts signed by the company to make sure what was agreed in every given contract is being followed.
– Co-ordinate with the General Manager and Project Manager regarding key legal contract ramifications & issues concerning the department.
– In conjunction with Project Manager review contractual obligations and contract templates.
– Prepare necessary correspondence requesting the client to provide amendments to the original contract.
– Monitor compliance to contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice.
– Manage the contract database, which is used to track and analyze every contract.
– Maximize financial and operational performance alongside minimizing risk through implemented COMPANY policies & procedures.
– Supervise the financial budget and ensure the cost effectiveness and value for money of the awarded LDF contracts.
– In conjunction with senior management determine and agree relevant course of action for unpaid claims, advising client as directed by Management Team.
– Gather and analyze in liaison with the company hierarchy regarding a sourcing strategy through recommending new trends in sourcing and procedure.
– Interpret contract provisions to help resolve any minor conflicts or infringements arising from existing contracts.
– Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Construction Project Manager.
– Manage and supervise the contract & administrative team members and delegate the tasks accordingly.
– Excellent written and verbal, communication , and interpersonal skills
– Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers.
– Conversant with regulatory, legislative, and industrial changes.
– Team Player.
– Skill in negotiating, writing and interpreting contractual agreements.
– Demonstrate the ability to practice Financial Management.
– Ability to take positive initiative and direct the C & P activities within LDF
– Demonstrate the ability to proactively prioritize needs and effectively manage resources and time.
– High level of motivation and resilience.
– Sound understanding and experience in working with contractors.
– Bachelors degree in Business or other related area.
– Possession of a Masters degree or other advanced certifications is a plus
– Minimum of 3 years of experience within a contracts & admin profession.
– Affluent in spoken and written English, French is a plus
– Proficient in contract management software.
– Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
– Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, techniques, policies, and procedures.
– Ability to develop a constructive and positive relationship with clients, contractors and team members
– Extensive knowledge on how to use rigorous logic and methods to solve different problems with effective solutions
– Ability to meet the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers alongside establishing and maintaining effective relationships with customers
– Skilful in negotiating situations in both internal and external groups.
– Team leader.
Qualification/ Experience Required
• University degree in architectural or civil engineering, preferably equivalent to a Master’s/ bachelor’s and supplemented by relevant post graduate qualifications
• At least 15 -20 years of relevant experience in managing architectural/infrastructural projects
• Certifications preferred: Professional Project Management.
• Knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Office applications, and Project software packages.
• Languages : Affluent in spoken and written English
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills