About Control Risks
Control Risks is a global risk consultancy specialising in helping organisations manage political, integrity and security risks in complex and hostile environments.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. Since our inception in 1975, we have worked with more than 5,000 clients in over 135 countries worldwide. Our renowned expertise, the breadth of our services and the geographical reach of our organisation enables us to help our clients meet their challenges and realise new business
opportunities across the world.
Employer Vision People should come to work with us because we provide real benefit to many of the world’s leading organisations. In doing so we give our people direct responsibility, career development and the opportunity to
work on some fascinating projects in a rewarding, diverse and enjoyable environment.
To undertake and manage to a professional standard electronic security design consulting engagements independently or in support of Senior Consultants and the Associate Director.
Maintain client and company deliverables, ensuring the highest quality is maintained and the client and company budgets and programmes are met and maintained.
Support clients and other team members to deliver end to end risk consulting services including crisis management, business continuity and related risk and resilience consulting across West Africa.
Tasks and Consulting Responsibilities
- Consultant will be expected to undertake technical security reviews, audits and other similar tasks, working at client sites and in the office, at corporate headquarters and site level
- Design of electronic security systems to an appropriate level, working in conjunction with specialist design engineers.
- Consultant will also support security risk assessments, security planning, risk management and to undertake broader crisis and security consulting tasks as directed.
- Act as lead on assignments
- Lead and participate in client meetings
- Ensure that practices, policies, strategy and services represent the client best interest
- Maintain and develop long-term client relationships; act in conjunction with key account managers
- Maintain time and expense records to ensure accurate invoicing within a maximum of seven days from task completion
- Delivery of tasks for clients on time, on budget, to the highest standards
- From time-to-time the role may involve significant travel to client sites and Control Risks offices
- From time-to-time the role may require consultants to deploy for extended periods to the field as dictated by circumstances
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to develop projects and business
- Seek opportunities to be involved in business development, in conjunction with the Associate Director and Senior Consultants
- Contribute to marketing and profile raising events
- Participate in client meetings
- Begin to develop longer-term client relationships Practice Development
- Maximize utilisation of resources
- Provide expert knowledge of security consulting and all existing
Knowledge and Essential Experience
- Ability to manage and deliver consulting engagements
- Client and commercial management
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Knowledge of current national and international standards and
- Certified relevant qualifications within the security industry
- Knowledge of and experience with intruder, CCTV/Video
Surveillance/ANPR Systems, Access Control, integrated and IP
addressable systems, and physical security systems
- Project Management in a consulting environment
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building/client management
- Experience of working in security design sector
- Regional experience in Western Europe, Africa or experience on-
the-ground in developing countries and emerging markets
- Knowledge of and experience in applying relevant physical
attack engineering principles and applications
- Knowledge of and experience using design-related software, e.g.
AutoCAD, SketchUp, MS Project and other relevant software
- ISPS and/or AVSEC trained
- Management consultancy
- Project management methodologies (e.g. PRINCE2) and
experience in their application
- Languages (French, Spanish, Arabic, Portuguese)
- Commercial skills
- Business processes
Qualifications Minimum Qualifications and Specialist
- Educated to degree level or equivalent Skills
- Professional security qualifications, e.g. CSyP, RSES, ASIS CPP
or PSP, ISPS, AVSEC
Relationship / Personal Impact
- Strong interpersonal skills – building trust and rapport
- Managing clients
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Report writing in English to the highest professional standard
- Ability to communicate using range of techniques with clients and colleagues alike to achieve positive results
High level of accuracy
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven ability to prioritise work
- Administration and organisational skills
- Sound knowledge of all Microsoft programmes
Competencies Problem Solving
- Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team
- Reviews and looks for efficiencies in ways of working; Constantly seeks innovative ways to improve services we offer to our clients
- Acts decisively and make difficult decisions even if unpopular
- Implements plans to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded; focuses on delivery. Shows and encourages a determination to achieve high standards
Uses own and wider knowledge and contributes to others to enable and make sound judgements which impact client and team
Anticipates the needs of clients and addresses those
Builds strong relationships, through common goals, individual contribution and support in times of need
Understands how and where own activities and projects contribute to the financial success of organisation; understands and acts upon the financial factors that influence the business
Operates effectively and with resilience in changing or ambiguous situations, contributes to changing environments, and actively assists those around them to adapt
Communicates clearly and concisely using language appropriate to audience, displays sensitivity to develop constructive relationships with others; Plans and organises workload of own and others, suggests priorities as necessary
Behaviours All employees are expected to display behaviours reflective of our company values: Integrity and Ethics, Collaboration and Teamwork, Commitment to People and Professionalism and Excellence.
How to Apply
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please email a covering letter and C.V., stating your current salary to : CSCRecruitment@controlrisks.com.