HR Manager, Nigeria
Control Risks is an independent, specialist risk consultancy. We provide advice and services that enable our clients to accelerate opportunities and manage strategic and operational risks.
We are a medium sized, rapidly growing company. We offer a broad range of services to help clients manage the political, security, operational and integrity risks that come with doing business internationally.
- Responsible for delivering a consistent and credible HR service to the business, providing advice and actioning requests.
- Provides support to the business across a range of HR matters and projects, taking ownership for delivery where required.
- This is a demanding role that requires a proactive and professional approach and the ability to work well under pressure, whilst maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy.
Tasks and Generalist HR
- Build strong partnerships with local management team to effectively leverage knowledge, expertise and systems to broker and deliver HR solutions that add value to the business.
Establish and continually enhance the Control Risks “Local Content Plan to ensure various regulations and requirements are adhered to and surpassed
- Manage any employee relations issues and contractual and employment issues, escalating where necessary to the relevant Management and HR Manager, EurAf.
- Provide guidance and coach managers on a range of people issues.
- Work with HR Manager, EurAf on all issues relating to international moves, including package construction and working through taxation and immigration issues.
- As required, implement business change initiatives, including redundancies, restructures and change of terms and conditions where appropriate.
- Support the delivery of the HR calendar i.e. performance management cycle, salary & bonus review.
- Work with Management Team and London based Europe & Africa team to understand business strategy and requirements to support in delivery of HR priorities including ad hoc projects.
- Perform other duties as required
- Advise and manage the recruitment process for key staff members
- Accountable for all HR Operations processes ensuring a great customer experience by delivering an efficient and accurate service
- Identify practical solutions in reviewing and recommending process& policy improvements, ensuring business requirements are met as well as HR best practice.
- Oversee all employment processes managed within the local Operations team i.e. employment screening, immigration, work permits, visa’s, file maintenance, letter production.
Knowledge and Essential
Proven experience of operating successfully in generalist HR role in a fast-moving, professional and commercial environment.
Strong employee relations experience with the ability to offer commercial solutions.
Proven experience of managing a broad range of operational HR issues including employee relations and international moves.
Knowledge and application of Nigerian employment law, regulations and compliance.
Experience of coaching managers on the full range of generalist HR areas, including performance management, remuneration and organisational change.
Evidence of tracking and improving service performance in a fast-paced customer-focused environment
Previous experience managing stakeholders at all levels.
Previous experience using HR Information Systems
Nigerian Citizenship or ability to live and work in Nigeria without restriction.
- Experience of working in a professional services / consulting
- Experience of working in a matrix structure
- Experience of implementing Local Content Initiatives
- Experience of working within an international environment
Qualifications and Specialist Skills
- Degree qualified in Business Administration, Human Resources, Industrial Relations or other HR-related disciplines
- Able to communicate, network, engage with and influence people at all levels of the organisation, building strong working relationships with managers.
- Able to address issues constructively by providing independent, professional, objective and commercial advice.
- Able to demonstrate a high level of credibility, integrity, resilience and customer service.
- Able to offer the business pragmatic yet workable solutions.
- Highly collaborative, enabling a working partnership with the HR team and the business generating enthusiasm and commitment from others.
- Personal credibility – operate without vested self-interest. Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and discretion.
Competencies Solutions Focused
- Owns problems, identifies and works with the right people to solve problems quickly within own remit and wider team(s)
- Be prepared to make decisions and effective implementation of those decisions, and translate decisions into effective actions and implementation
- Acts decisively and make difficult decisions even if unpopular
- Implements plans to ensure objectives are achieved or exceeded; focuses on delivery. Shows and encourages a determination to achieve high standards
How to Apply
If your qualifications, experience and aspirations match our requirements please email a covering letter and C.V., stating your current salary to: HR.Recruitment@controlrisks.com