General Electric GE is looking to employ qualified Crane Manager in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
- Ensure that the maintenance and or remedial works of cranes are maintained in a cost-effective manner, with consideration given to quality and longer duration of maintenance free equipment.
- Supervise the maintenance and repair of all the quay cranes / MHC’s, RTG’s, spreaders and supporting equipment (electrical, electronic and mechanical).
- Maintain an effective planned preventive maintenance programme. Recommends updates to maintenance services policies and procedures to ensure quality, reliability, and efficiencies.
- Monitor and develop crane maintenance staff to ensure technical skills necessary for maintenance of complex plan items
- Ensure that breakdowns are attended to and rectified promptly and to make sure that follow-up work is undertaken as necessary.
- Ensure that the repair work does not affect the overall operational efficiency of the terminal.
- Oversee the administrative requirements of the crane section, including warranty obligations, inspection records, manual updates, equipment defect reports, maintenance services, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Reviews new equipment for suitability and makes recommendations, based on cost, availability, and needs of business operations.
- Maintains an effective safety program, coordinating safety training with HSSE Department; maintains zero tolerance to accidents.
We are looking for
- At least, a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education or a degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering. Also, must have additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields in any heavy-duty industry.
- At least five to seven years of general supervisory experience in Crane maintenance section in any ports, mines, steel and manufacturing plants. Must have an additional five years of progressively more responsible quay crane maintenance and repair experience, including specific knowledge of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
- Specific technical knowledge of maintenance and repair of quay cranes, mobile cranes, gantry cranes & spreaders.
- Must be able to interpret engineering drawings, layouts, and specifications.