WTS Energy is seeking Crane Operator and Helicopter Landing Officer (HLO) to join its workforce in Nigeria.
Scope of the work
- Crane Operator undertakes all types of crane lifting operations inboard and outboard following TUPNI standard during all FPSO activities and operations.
- He is responsible: − For the safe and efficient operation of the various cranes located on the FPSO.
- For safety and efficiently lifting and moving/relocating equipment, containers, pipe, systems, stores and various materials and supplies utilized in the operations and daily functions of the FPSO.
- This includes offloading and back-loading of equipment and cargoes from supply vessels, as well as moving heavy or bulky materials throughout the FPSO.
- In exceptional situation and upon request of the site’s RSES, personnel transfer by FROG might be requested to be performed. − Acts as HLO
- Crane operations: − He prepares and verifies all lifting equipment prior lifting operations (condition and certification).
- He carries out the lifting operations on board the FPSO according to site’s procedures.
- He supervises the safe slinging and rigging of equipment. − He plans and calculates load capacities to ensure that all cargoes are lifted within the safe lifting parameters of cranes.
- He performs FPSO lifting equipment maintenance (1st level) including the cable change.
- He receives and transfers cargoes from/to supply vessels.
- He maintains safe crane operations as per company and manufacturers procedures/guidelines within the crane’s capabilities.
- He must be knowledgeable in all facets of crane operations and safety procedures.
- He supports the lifting certification inspector during lifting equipment certification.
- He monitors and assesses work environment, including weather conditions.
- He carries out a daily visual inspection of the cranes and associated equipment (wires, hoist, etc…).
- He participates to FPSO lifting equipment maintenance activities above first level.
- He is entitles to stop any crane lifting for safety reasons (weather conditions, etc…).
- He reports on basis a daily, weekly, monthly FPSO the deck activities to the Marine Operation Manager (MOM)
- He fills crane operator log book.
- He recovers data to perform activity and maintenance reports. Helicopter operations:
- Minimum five (5) years experience in lifting operations is required, with 2 years at the level stage 3 as minimum.
- Crane operator (level OPITO 3 or equivalent) with man-riding certification. + Experience for driving Liebher crane with Knuckle boom.
- Experience in Oil & Gas Industry is required (working in hazardous area, ATEX concept).
- Fluent in English
- Technical knowledge of lifting equipments found offshore (offshore cranes, gantry cranes, forklifts, slings, etc.)
- Exhaustive knowledge of International lifting standards and best practices (EN, FME, ISO, etc.)
- Ability to understand risk analysis, lifting plan − Good writing skills (issuance of reports, audits, synthesis)
- Bosiet certificate
- OPITO Helicopter landing officer certificate (HLO)