Hobark is looking for Credit Controller in addition to our highly motivated workforce.
- Coordinate the debts of existing debtors and recommending to Management whether to allow credit sales/services to a prospective or existing customer
- Manage debt recovery and/or negotiate repayment plans
- Maintain good relationship with credit customers to ensure smooth running of accounts and encourage timely recovery of payment commitments.
- Organizing the Credit Control activities for AES units and managing the teams.
- Setting up the terms and conditions of credit sales and ensuring implementation and follow-up of procedures, reporting and credit committee meetings.
- Check customers’ credit rating/performance
- Effectively manage collection of debts and customers’ payments
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Provide debt information to relevant stakeholders within AES Creation of aged debtors’
- Report and recommending solutions to recover aged debts
- Effectively coordinate accounts collection – manage sales ledger to ensure prompt collection of debts and reduce bad debts
- Provide response to debt queries, raise sales invoices and issue credit notes
- Continually coach team members on debt-recovery techniques and record management
- Provide weekly/monthly analysis and cash forecasts on debt performance
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Financial Director.
- Bsc/HND qualification with a minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience in related function or in an accounts department
- A Masters’ Degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant Certification is a pre-requisite
- Strong background in customer service or credit advisory role either in a corporate environment
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills