Deloitte is leading a power sector transformation programme which has been established by a development agency to support reform within Nigeria’s power sector. Key objectives of the reform programme include addressing gas to power challenges, competitive procurement of clean and conventional energy, utility distribution sector reform, and off-grid electricity access. Ideally, the project will enable 10,000 MW of new-rehabilitated electricity generation capacity, and 3 million new electricity connections, enabling reliable and affordable electricity access to millions of people for the first time.
The Data Aggregation & System Planning Advisor is responsible for assisting the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) in identifying and resolving the long term data supply issues that plague the Nigerian power sector. The advisor will identify key data shortfalls experienced by key sector stakeholders (TCN, NERC, MoPWH, NBET) and identify ways that those gaps may be remedied through existing sources or enhanced reporting. Initially the advisor will assess the current state/availability of this system performance data, identifying sources, gaps, and stakeholders and then recommend actions for the commission. Part of the role will be to coordinate with other power sector stakeholders agree reporting requirements, and create a transparent and reliable means of gathering sector data. The goal is to develop a centralized, reliable, and transparent data source for all Nigerian power sector actors to rely on.
- Conduct a technical assessment of system operations, identifying areas for improvement, data shortfalls, and key bottlenecks (OC 3.01.01(a) 2)
- Conduct an assessment of long term planning capacity, mechanisms, opportunities, and impacts assessment (OC 3.01.01(a) 6)
- Review of current MDA power sector planning efforts, data gaps, overlaps, and opportunities relative to current sector planning tools (3.06(a))
- Identify areas for improvement in current long term planning mechanisms, developing strategies for addressing data availability issues, and identifying ways that NERC can effectively warehouse and disseminated data.
- Review customer enumeration work to date, and work with NERC stakeholders and Discos to develop a transparent means of ensuring customer enumeration data is effectively stored and shared among stakeholders.
- Work with and report out to the Outcome 3 Team and NERC relationship lead to ensure ongoing focus on NERC activities that contribute to overall program goals
- Highly detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
All applicants are expected to have either a minimum of an MS/MA/MBA with at least 10 years of relevant experience; a BS/BA degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience or a degree less than a BS/BA with at least 20 years of experience.
Applications from qualified individuals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Wednesday, 31 October, 2018.