Data Analytics & Insight Leader – GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Functional Overview / Objectives
The Data Analytics & Insight Leader will be responsible for data vision and roadmap to transform data analytics into insights that drive decisions and actions for the business. The leader will partner with functions, P&L, and global teams, to deliver business MDM strategy, horizontal data thread and automation programs, vertical functional process dashboarding, and external customer data needs.
tasks The Data Analytics & Insight Pillar will enable synergies and productivity, and create better outcome for our customers.
- Establish region’s data insight vision and roadmap through automation, dashboarding, data science, and MDM.
- Deliver region wide analytics & data insight programs across ITO, OTR, Services, and engineering.
- Deliver data programs that drive horizontal productivity and business synergies
- Transform the business into a mobile-first data capability, (instead of PC first)
- Ensure all analytics programs and strategies that enable One-E vision across GE and legacy Alstom, to enable simpler solutions.
- Enable business and regions smarter decisions through data, insights, and analytics.
- Leverage global IT teams for skill scale, delivery, and operation RTS, to enable speed and quality.
- Partner with other regions’ IT analytics leaders to benchmark, scale, and best-practices sharing.
Qualifications / Requirements
- BS, BA, MS and/or MBA in engineering, computer science, or information technology, with 6+ years of experience in the relevant field, 4+ years of experience in data analytics or data science, 3+ years of experience in database technologies and reporting tools, 1+ year of experience in programming, and 1+ year of experience in UI/UX design
- Proven track record of leading programs and managing expectations in a matrix organizations.
- Solid knowledge of data science programs and concepts. Strong knowledge of Master Data Management and experience in setting up a road map to drive MDM strategy.
- Strong communication skills and inclusiveness with functions and IT leadership in a matrix organization.
- Proven as a change agent – ability to drive large scale project and operational changes by applying FastWorks methodology.
- Cultural awareness & sensitivity: ability to flex style to suit differing cultural norms
- Demonstrated organizational skills, high standard of accuracy, an attention to detail, and excellent follow-up skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organizations, including senior leadership.
- Effective interpersonal & strong influencing skills; proven ability to develop and maintain team and client relationships, both in immediate and remote contexts
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage expectations
GE ITLP, EIMP, or CAS graduates
FastWork trained. Lean experience. PMP certified
Experience or working knowledge in Predix