DevTech is seeking a Data Management Specialist in the Abuja country office for the Support for Strategic Information and Project Management Services (S4SIPMS). The DMS will oversee data monitoring and assessment quality, data entry quality, data cleaning, data collection, data analysis and reporting on Site Improvement Monitoring Systems (SIMS) data. The DMS will provide insights to SIMS data collected and help disseminate those insights to USAID Implementing Partners. The DMS will be responsible for all SIMS data analysis and reporting to the project Chief of Party and to USAID.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guide and provide technical assistance in the management of SIMS assessment data, reporting, and capacity building for data use and evaluations.
- Provide the COP and DCOP weekly updates on conducted SIMS assessments.
- Provide analyzed data for quarterly reports and meetings. Provide ad-hoc analyzed data to fulfill requests from USAID, IPs, or DevTech staff.
- Lead in the creation of new data management tools or frameworks for analysis.
- Conduct SIMS Data Quality Assessments across the regional offices.
- Ensure timely entry and submission of SIMS data into the database by the regional offices.
- Ensure the functionality and update of the SIMS database.
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of SIMS data for the project’s reports.
- Manage all collected SIMS data.
- This position includes 10% travel within Nigeria
Qualifications & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field is required; mMaster’s degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Information Science, Computer Science, Health Information Management, Sociology or Demography is preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ work experience in data analysis and M&E of HIV/AIDS programs, public health programs or other social sector programs.
- Knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, the Nigeria Health Management Information Systems, Site Improvement through Monitoring Systems (SIMS) as well as the PEPFAR policies, procedures and supported program activities in Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Experience working for a USAID grant or contract in Nigeria.
- Experience managing databases.
- Strong organizational, report writing, and communication/presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with all aspects of M&E.
- Prior experience conducting Data Quality Assessments.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel for data analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other analytic software (SPSS, STATA etc.) for analyses, reporting, presentations and internal management.
- Must be fluent in English.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.