IHS Towers is currently seeking Database Administrator in Nigeria.
Manage security and disaster recovery aspects of the company’s database management system (DBMS).
- Establish user needs and monitor user access and security.
- Monitor DBMS performance and manage parameters to enhance responsiveness to front-end users.
- Consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility of DBMS for end-users.
- Map out conceptual design for DBMS. Also install and test new versions.
- Refine logical design of the DBMS in order to translate to a specific data model. Also further refine physical design to meet system storage requirements.
- Maintain data standards, including adherence to the Data Protection Act (UK).
- Prepare database documentation, including data standards, procedures, and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Control DBMS access permissions and privileges.
- Develop, manage, and test back-up and recovery plans for the DBMS.
- Ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly.
- Carry out capacity planning.
- Work closely with IT project managers, database programmers, and multi-media programmers.
- Communicate regularly with Technical, Applications, and Operations functions to ensure database integrity and security.
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose.
- Knowledge Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Database & Storage Administration
- Collaboration & Teamwork
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree/ Higher National Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- At least 7-8 years’ demonstrable expertise in database, SQL, and application performance tuning.
- Able to work effectively with IT project and infrastructure teams.
- Experience in configuration, maintenance, and administration of Postgrad environment.