We are the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
Achieving scale in Mainstream and value is one of the key strategic imperatives within our ambition to becoming the best performing most trusted and respected business in Nigeria within which mainstream brown spirits plays a critical especially of the back of the increasing consumer shift to value in spirits.
A key contributor to the success of our strategic plan is an effective Customer Marketing Team demonstrating industry leadership via:
- Translating Trade Strategy and Brand Game Plans into a world class commercial plan
- Winning the Consumers at moment of purchase via understanding of consumer needs
- Ensuring we are the preferred Trade Partner
Role and Accountabilities
- Contribute to the Spirits category JUBP process (Category strategy, Trade strategy, GAME Plan, Sales unit plan, sales driver activation plan etc.)
- Input to Mainstream Spirits Category S&OP volume planning
- Ensuring activity plan are sufficient to deliver on company’s objectives and RTM is fully capable of delivering on activities requirements. Partner with the field regional sales team are fully supported for brilliant execution
- Support and partner with the Regional Sales Managers, Key Account Manager in strategy formulation and ensuring brilliant execution
- Lead the design & execution choices of Category BTL Activities including by channel customization
- Accountable for end-to-end execution of category BTL activities including ongoing tracking and evaluation
- Ensure Category A&P BTL budget effectiveness, activity tracking and M&E process for all spirit CM lead activities
- Design choices for sales force toolkit (sales & trade briefs, sales aids, POS, selling tools etc)
- Guides brand teams on strategic decisions via analysis and insights
- Ensure RTM is fully capable of delivering on activity requirements and intervene where required
- Stakeholder Management: Manage relevant communications and implementation updates to sales and marketing team.
- Be Authentic – Role models Diageo values and demonstrates integrity and trust
- Find Solutions – Creates possibilities for future success
- Manage People for success – Drives the People development agenda
- Consistently Deliver Great performance – Demonstrates brilliant execution
- Category Knowledge Capability.
- Insight Based Activity Design by Channel.
- A&P Effectiveness and Stewardship.
- Customer Profitability.
- Activity Management & Sufficiency.
- Leadership Development.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with 3-4 years commercial expertise gained across Customer Marketing, Field Sales and/or Consumer Marketing. Minimum 2 years spend in field sales role is essential.
- A good understanding and strong capability to coach others on customer marketing fundamentals & BTL process.
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools. Strong capability and able to coach others in Insights, Sales Drivers, Outlet Segmentation and Managing Relationships
- Strong communication skills –written and verbal
- Great People Skills
Barriers to Success in Role
- Being out of touch with trade, shopper/consumer and field sales due to too much time spent in the office
- Inability to collaborate effectively with the category teams and field sales.
- Inability to generate insights and translate them into specific actions
- Loss of personal integrity.
- Inability to properly identify risks, and plan mitigation steps.
How to Apply
Click on job title above to apply