Role and Accountabilities
- Role model the HR Model and “push” HR queries to the appropriate channels. Provide training and occasional support to employees and line managers on the new HR systems, processes and embeds the new roles and responsibilities. Important to act as a trainer and not as a doer of transactional activities for Line Managers or HR BPs.
- Takes ownership for and resolves any complex, market specific queries referred to them that require either detailed market knowledge or a face to face intervention.
- Responsible for the delivery of the following:
- Employee On- boarding – ensuring that all documentation for new hires has been satisfactorily completed and captured.
- Benefit enrolment – ensure that all new hire’s have been enrolled in the appropriate benefit programmes.
- Reporting – maintain contact with local vendors / government agencies to receive and administer reports or statutory documentation.
- Employee Correspondence – Prints and distributes letters and other correspondence developed in first point SSC but requiring local printing.
- Employee file Management – own the creation of and on-going maintenance of locally held hard copy employee files and maintenance of soft copy files in the document management system.
- Payroll (where appropriate) – provide Workday reports to Payroll and coordinate non Workday payroll data (e.g. Overtime) to provide to Payroll.
- Market HR Reporting – Runs market or business unit reports from Workday (Eg Headcount, Absence) and provides to HRBP / HRD for business performance meetings.
- Exits: Local or face to face support to Line managers or HRBPs for Exit processes (e.g. collection of equipment etc.)
- Local Non Workday related Employee Lifecycle processes – There will be market specific processes that are not completed in Workday, these will vary by market. The in-market first point team will be expected to deliver these.
- Works seamlessly with the first point Africa SSC to ensure consistency of service to HR, Employees and Line managers.
- Embed continuous improvement as the way we do things – personally championing and role modelling innovation and simplification ideas, and encouraging and demanding them from others.
- Works directly with customer groups when there are any service issues or complaints which need to be resolved, representing first point to find the best solution and implementing longer term prevention with pace and responsiveness
- Provide proactive input and advice to support the business in ad-hoc projects including the implementation of organisational restructures and other annual projects.
- Partners skillfully with first point Africa SSC, Reward, Payroll and IA to ensure great end to end HR experience for customers.
- Work in close partnership with the market HRBP’s to influence the customer service experience.
- Drive a process improvement and simplification agenda for Employee Lifecycle processes.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of HR capability and experience in a large multinational organisation
- Performance driven mind-set that delivers on agreed outcomes at pace – Instinct for delivering, and inspiring others to deliver.
- Resilience and confidence in a dynamic and at times ambiguous environment.
- Can see both the minute detail as well as the bigger picture when needed.
- Ability to find solutions and tackle barriers.
- Aptitude for technology with the ability to manipulate and manage systems to deliver insights.
- A thorough understanding of local HR policies, procedures and practices and their application.
- A full understanding of how processes, data and systems interrelate
How to Apply
Click the job title above to apply online