We are the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
Achieving scale in Mainstream and value is one of the key strategic imperatives within our ambition to becoming the best performing most trusted and respected business in Nigeria within which mainstream brown spirits plays a critical especially of the back of the increasing consumer shift to value in spirits.
A key contributor to the success of our strategic plan is an effective field sales team demonstrating industry leadership via:
- Translating Trade Strategy and Brand Game Plans into a world class commercial plan
- Brilliant Execution of commercial plans and Sales Driver Activities
- Winning the Consumers & Shoppers at moment of purchase via understanding of consumer needs and
- Ensuring we are the preferred Trade Partner
Role and Accountabilities Customer Strategy and Business Plan
- Execute the customer strategic business plan for his respective categories.
- Drive the implementation of the agreed joint customer business plan for his respective categories.
- Works in close collaboration with the sales Manager for the category input, and with Trade marketing for the banner/channel plan
- Execute optimal integrated promo plan (incl. selling the plan @ the customer) and manage promo investments
- Manages customer promo investment at his customer
- Manage the customer P&L for his respective categories
- Provide clear Key Account’s objectives and deliverables for the field team
- Deliver the agreed plan, follow-up achievement of counterparts set in the agreement
- Drive the deal with the Customer by ensuring that negotiated the trade terms, trade funding, and counterparts according to the DBN strategy on his brands.
- Manages overall levels of Customer Investments for his brands.
- Monitors Customer Performance by tracking customer contribution and market share DBN Mainstream Spirits brands.
Plays active ambassador role
- Acts as active ambassador of Diageo at the customer level.
- Participates actively in with meetings with Key Accounts, looking at the best solution for the business.
- Be Authentic – Role models Diageo values and demonstrates integrity and trust
- Find Solutions – Creates possibilities for future success
- Manage People for success – Drives the People development agenda
- Consistently Deliver Great performance – Demonstrates brilliant execution
- Grow self
- Relationship Management
- Identifying Sales Drivers
- Commercial Planning
- Outlets Classification
- Trade Strategy
- Insights generation
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with minimum 2 years commercial expertise gained across Sales/Consumer Marketing or Sales Management
- Good communication skills – written and verbal
- Good IT skills
- Good inter personal skills
- Geographically mobile.
- Experienced driver with valid license
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to spend time on shopping floors and with purchasing officers of the modern trade chains/outlets (essential to stay in touch with the market and the competition).
How to Apply
Click on the job title above based on the location to apply