We are the world’s leading premium drinks business with an outstanding collection of beverage alcohol brands across spirits, beer and wine. These brands include Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys and Guinness.
A key contributor to the success of our strategic plan is an effective field sales team demonstrating industry leadership via:
- Translating Trade Strategy and Brand Game Plans into a world class commercial plan
- Brilliant Execution of commercial plans and Sales Driver Activities
- Winning the Consumers & Shoppers at moment of purchase via understanding of consumer needs and
- Ensuring we are the preferred Trade Partner
Role and Accountabilities
Deliver Annual Operating Plan
- Lead trade & customer strategy at the Region to develop customised annual plan to deliver financial and volume targets for priority brands.
- Develop and activate annual customer account plans (JUBP) to support the delivery of business goals.
- Excellent execution in the implementation of business plans, trade term compliance, cycle activation and category management
- Deliver against Sales driver imperatives – QDVP3
- Deliver amazing promotional activation experiences in line with Game Plans
- Lead and develop the RTM strategy for optimum coverage.
Attract, Develop and Retain Great Talent
- Build Business Development Executives’ functional and leadership capability via agreed training programmes, both classroom and In Field
- Ensure all team members have a clear understanding of their performance objectives and that processes are in place for development
- Build people management capability by engaging in personal growth and development of Business Development Executives.
- Delivery of NSV, Vol and TP plan targets via AOP
- Deliver marketing plans via Market share data and Brand health scores
- Growth of partnerships via JUBP
- Development and growth of the team through P4G and Diageo Survey
- Controls, compliance and governance via audit reviews
- Be Authentic
- Find Solutions
- Manage People for Success
- Consistently deliver great performance
- Connect to the Diageo Purpose
- Grow Yourself
- Managing Relationships: Experienced
- Distributor Management: Experienced
- Commercial Planning: Developing
- Sales Drivers: Experienced
- CDOS: Experienced
- Trade Strategy: Developing
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Graduate with 5-6 years minimum commercial expertise gained across Consumer Marketing and / or Sales Management. A strong track record in Sales at a management level, with experience in at least two areas of Sales. Particularly critical is previous experience of Field Sales or other customer facing roles.
- Strong leadership and communication skills –written and verbal
- A good understanding of all Diageo Way of Selling Capabilities and tools and how these interact together to deliver brilliant execution in Field Sales. Strong capability and able to coach others in the Execution Standards, Managing Relationships (including negotiation skills), Sales Force Effectiveness, Outlet Segmentation, JBP, JUBP and Targeted Trade Investment. These roles are particularly important in championing the Responsible Drinking agenda through the Field
- Previous experience of leading / managing others, delivering results through teams and strong track record as a coach. Experience of change management is particularly advantageous.
- Previous exposure to strategy development is valuable. Strong project management skills, commercial and financial capability are important.
- Previous experience of working with other parts of Sales and/or other functions is particularly valuable.
How to Apply
Click link above to apply