APM Terminals workplace needs Direct Sales Manager in Nigeria. This position offers career development, exposure to multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Manage assigned customers and budget base; pursue and secure business in line with the corporate and regional objectives within the commercial scope.
- Develop customer value propositions for all appropriate business opportunities. Strive for consultative sales to distinguish market presence by effectively probing and identifying needs and suggesting solutions to help customers.
- Build a good understanding of target customers and the assigned account base (contact, commodities, trade lanes, type of business, contract information including exceptions and service requirements).
- Establish internal network in Nigeria and globally to facilitate resolution of customer issues.
- Build understanding of all service offerings to be able to offer integrated solutions.
- Communicate significant trends, rate changes and policies to assigned accounts.
- Research and understand the territory to identify and establish business contacts with potential customers.
- Research and analyse competitive and industry trends (e.g. analyse sales statistics, prepare reports, study literature regarding new and existing services and monitor sales, prices and services of competitors); recommend appropriate measures.
- Ensure Customer Relationship Management tools are updated on time and with high-quality data.
- Drives two-way communication and clearly articulates the value proposition, engages the customer in jointly addressing business priorities and is good at picking up verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Understands customers value drivers and has the ability to discuss them from multiple angles and has a dedication to meeting the requisite expectations and requirements.
- Drives for results and can be relied upon to meet and exceed expectations and key performance indicators.
- Is an effective networker that is good at attaining first-hand knowledge of the customer and building trusting and lasting relationships with the customers.
- Can pressure the customer and understands the decision-making process and how to influence key decision-makers and pre-empts stakeholder objections to reach a favourable outcome.
- Is comfortable discussing money and has a good understanding of competitors pricing and offers and how differences are justified by other product characteristics.
We are looking for
- A Bachelor’s degree from a reputable University/higher institution
- Minimum of 5 years industry or equivalent sales experience.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and have a good working knowledge of web-based software and Customer Relationship Management tools such as Salesforce.com or similar CRM systems
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (both written and oral).
- Organisational and time management skills including multi-tasking, prioritising, and the ability to plan work activities efficiently to meet deadlines
- Possess enthusiasm, a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn. We also value great people skills, ambition and integrity.