Purpose of the Job:
To contribute directly to growing British Council Nigeria’s operation, building positive perceptions of the British Council and the UK, with the British Council as a leading global Cultural Relations organisation. To lead on the strategic delivery of (marketing and) communications in Nigeria, jobs in nigeria including raising the profile of programmes, activities and impact with key stakeholder groups. To provide leadership for the marketing / communications staff in country, to build communications capacity in the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) project staff, and embed communications at the heart of our projects and programme portfolio, ensuring important media presence, and by contributing to building long-term relationships with all major stakeholders and target groups.
Strategy Development and Implementation
-Lead the development and delivery of the Nigeria MarComms strategy working with the Nigeria Executive and Senior Leadership Teams, the regional Comms and Digital team and relevant corporate teams.
-Ensure that a robust MarComms plan with agreed targets is developed that reflects the strategic focus for the Nigeria operation.
– Work collaboratively ensuring stakeholder mapping and analysis is up to date and appropriate, enabling deliver of strategy and plans.
See the role profile for full responsibilities and core accountabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
Applicants must have
-Established experience in multi-channel marketing and communications including on-line, offline, internal and external communications, branding and media relations, events management.
– Experience of managing marketing campaigns effectively with successful outcomes
– Experience of building and managing effective relationships with media and suppliers
– Experience managing a team
– University degree
– Professional qualification in communications, marketing, PR or journalism