Dow Chemical company is looking for Account Manager (Plastics)(m/f) to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Key Account Management
- Developing Account Plans for Strategic Accounts;
- Achieve a high level of penetration across multiple functions (Procurement, Technology, Commercial, Management) within customer base
- Maintain strong relationships at all levels of customer organization
- Develop relationships across the Value Chain (Customer of Customer) as needed to support Sales goals with direct accounts
- Develop strong multi-functional account teams (Technical Service, R&D, Marketing, Supply Chain and Customer Service) to effectively interface with customers.
- Effectively negotiation of price, quantities, payment terms as to achieve the business plans.
- Manage customer pricing strategically in line with business goals.
- Deliver a high level of service to customers
- Effectively resolve quality or service issues that arise.
- Work with customers to define un-met needs.
- Develop Selling Projects around commercial and developmental opportunities.
- Drive implementation of Innovation programs with Strategic Accounts.
- Enter and track opportunities using the PlanIt+ tool.
- Successfully convert opportunities to sales growth ($).
- Distribution-ship Management
- Maintain a high degree of knowledge on Dow Formulated Systems technology.
- In-depth understanding for polyurethane markets.
- Be a resource to the business on Competitive Intelligence.
- Be knowledgeable on market trends. Provide Voice of Customer input on key Innovation programs.
- Work closely with sales related functions to build good teamwork, foster customer satisfaction and deliver business results.
- Develop forecasts on anticipated customer product consumption.
- Develop a growth strategy for implementation within assigned region.
- Develop a sales plan for assigned territory.
- Provide needed data to Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) teams to efficiently manage the business.
- Responsible for continuous improvement in the area of overall productivity and efficiency.
- Effective management of sales terms and credit with assigned customers.
- Identify market and technology needs
- Develop new products and fine tune existing ones as to meet customer needs
- Product pipe line and Inventory management
- Lead the introduction of new raw material and Finished products to the local plant and warehouses
- Lead the sampling process from start to end
- Apply pricing strategies for various value centers as to maximize Dow profitability
- Responsible for the phasing out of existing products
- Manage the launching of new products to the market
- Accomplish all assigned duties safely and in accordance with all Product Stewardship guidelines.
- Participate in regional sales meetings and programs.
- Participate in all key performance management activities – goal setting, Employee Development Plans, performance reviews, etc.
Education And Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Chemical Engineering is preferred
- Technical sales or sales related experience is preferable
- Maintain high degree of professionalism and business acumen
- Polyurethane experience is preferred
- Track record of developing and converting sales growth opportunities is preferred
- Demonstrated success in introduction of Innovation programs is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required for English and French
- Travel in the territory, up to 50% of the time, required.