Japaul Oil & Maritime Services Plc Recruiting DREDGE MASTER (LEAD) see details below.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Manages, control and train other dredge masters for effective dredging operations.
- Operate the dredger and booster optimally and safely according to HSE requirements.
- Operate the dredger and booster at a maximum daily production, according to the operational capabilities of the dredger and boosters and ensure the daily productions according to the project requirements.
- Provide input on the planning in agreement with the Chief Engineer on a day-to-day basis to the Senior Dredge Master.
- Provide accurate information to Senior Dredge Master on work done/ performance, accidents/ delays, status of assets and work forecasts aligned with project requirements.
- Delegate specific responsibilities to dredge mates. Assess their performance and suggest efficiency improvement activities. Identify risks and appropriate mitigations.
- Inform the Senior Dredge master on dredger of spare parts requirements for the deck site.
- Provide guidance towards operational dredging crew; escalate to Senior Dredge Master if issues cannot be solved.
- Cooperate constructively and efficiently with dredging crew, chief engineer and senior dredge master and/or dredge supervisor on a regular basis.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE OF DREDGE MASTERS
- Minimum of 10 years of being a Dredge master.
- Must have worked in various areas of dredging operations such as Sweeping, Capital, Stockpile, Reclamation, Remediation, channelization, etc
- Must be conversant and familiar with Programmable Logic Controls
- B.sc/HND certificate in any field but in preferably in Engineering/Sciences.