WTS Energy is seeking Drilling Engineer to join its workforce in Nigeria.
- Drilling engineering and well designs for extended reach (ERD), multi-lateral and horizontal wells
- Perform engineering calculations and software simulation to include but not limited to casing design, hydraulics, BHA, cementing, torque and drag, well control, surge and swab, drilling string, bit selection and nozzle sizing, etc.
- Preparation of End of Well and Project reports,
- Quality check of Daily Drilling Report (DDR)
- Monitoring of operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis and KPIs.
- Ensure adequate planning by timely mobilizing or demobilizing services or personnel to optimize cost
- Coordinating with rig site team to ensure timely and adequacy of materials and equipment for operations
- Planning, coordination and implementation of technical and HSE audits of contractors
- Work in the field as Well Site Drilling Engineer or Night Drilling Supervisor to support critical operations.
- Ensure that Company’s HSE policies are strictly adhered and followed.
- Extend training and technical support to direct reports
- Support Senior Drilling Engineer to perform Contractors management, function including checking and approving of invoices (technically)
- Actively participate on the day to day operations and ensure that operations are carried out on the rigs as per the program and as required.
- Minimum of 10 Years of Experience in the oil and gas industry with at least 5 years as Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Extensive experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities
- Recent offshore experience (Jack-up or deep offshore rig) is required
- Must have worked in an Operator’s (oil company’s) environment. Experience with international oil companies will be added advantage.
- Experience with leading well engineering software is important
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum engineering (Other Engineering Disciplines may be considered e.g. Chemical, Mechanical, etc.)
- Well control certification
- Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification