FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for Driver, Kano for the upcoming eight-year DFID Nigeria Health Investment programme. The position is contingent on the requirements of the solicitation and upon award to FHI 360.
The Driver will be responsible for:
- Performs work in the operation of a vehicle to assure safe transportation of clients to and from various destinations in the country office.
- Assists clients during entry and exit from vehicles as necessary and other courtesies.
- Assumes responsibility for care and maintenance of the vehicle; washes exterior and cleans interior; ensures maintenance and repair of the vehicle.
- Transports Country Office staff, consultants, and visitors to designated approved locations.
- Ensures safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the vehicle.
- Provides day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle with timely oil changes, inspections, brakes, and tire pressure.
- Makes arrangements for major repairs for the vehicle when needed.
- Ensures all required documents with the vehicle are in order and up to date regarding vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, and necessary spare parts.
- Plans route and requirements based on schedule or ad-hoc requests by the office.
- Ensures passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfills special requests by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands.
- May provide protection for clients in locations deemed high risk.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- High School/GED Diploma or International Equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant driving experience
- Must have a trade test certificate, a valid driving license and a clean driving record.
- Experience in the operation of large vehicles; or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and Hausa