Driver – The Liberia Country Office (LRFO) of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Driver. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Resident Representative and the day to day supervision of the Administrative Assistant of the Liberia Country Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Transporting the Resident Representative, Field staff, visiting missions and official delegation of the Office on official duties, within Liberia as and when required;
- Ensuring routine maintenance for the vehicles of the Office;
- Performing office messenger duties;
- Representing the Bank in a professional manner and appearance and conduct at all times;
- Performing any other duties reasonably requested by the Resident Representative and management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- High School Diploma;
- Valid driver’s license with a clean track record;
- A minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational organization, or public or private sector organization;
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs, and routine maintenance for the vehicles;
- Must have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of automotive equipment;
- Very good command of written and spoken English;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software e.g. Microsoft Word and use of internet;
- Honest and good character;
- Excellent team work and interpersonal Skills.