Weatherford is searching for qualified candidate to fill the position of DS R&M Workshop Manager in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Under broad direction of District, Regional or Hemisphere DSM, responsible for the maintenance, quality and reliability of Weatherford International, Drilling Services equipment at a single facility within the designated sub Product Group Line/s (PGL/s). Ensures all operations involving personnel are conducted safely, efficiently, and in an effective manner centered around a culture of people development with a high focus on safety and quality excellence. This position encompasses multiple disciplines to ensure functionality of a R&M facility by integrating people, property, processes, systems and technology. Deploys, and maintains processes, collates & reports KPI’s to clearly communicate facility QHSSE, productivity & financial performance aligned to operations and overall business goals and objectives for a District within the designated PGL/s. Responsibilities include all aspects of the R&M organization pertaining to the sub PGL/s within a single facility such as Quality, HSE, Security, head count & capacity planning, purchasing, Inventory and warehouse management, 3rd party on-site contractors, logistics and effective preventative maintenance program for R&M facility equipment to ensure reliable & efficient delivery of Drilling Services product and equipment, supporting operational objectives.
- Demonstrate safety leadership in all activities and sustain a demonstrated commitment QHSE & R&M practices.
- Understudy the duties of the R&M for succession and operational support.
- Organizes and coordinates all activities associated with maintaining Drilling Services equipment at a single facility within the designated PGL/s
- Responsible for ensuring the duties carried out within an R&M facility are performed so in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Responsible for the effective tactical implementation and sustainability of the Global R&M Strategy and other Business Plans directed by the DSM within a single facility.
- Drives improved performance at a facility level using the R&M, technical, program and people systems.
- Ensures adequate resources are planned and executed such as head count, facility infrastructure & R&M support equipment which is aligned to support current & future operational business needs.
- Assists in the development of all PGL/s personnel (technical and support) to include mentoring, training, competencies and succession planning. Coaches, counsels, and administers disciplinary actions when appropriate.
- Manages & reports maintenance costs as well as complete forecasting to support maintenance activities.
- Works with DSM & Operations Coordinator to prioritize repairs and processes.
- Ensures communication with DSM & Operations Coordinator on capability status.
- Works with Asset & Logistics Coordinator to ensure the correct status of all assets and ensures timely control and movement of all shipments relating to the PGL/s.
- Monitors cost trends for facility PGL/s running costs & ensures accuracy of maintenance costs are captured against appropriate maintenance work orders and forwarded to DSM for P&L review.
- Implement & Collate key facility PGL/s KPI’s as directed by the DSM and ensure they are effectively communicated to all facility employees.
- Participate in employee evaluations including goal setting and performance reviews.
- Established clear and effective communication within the facility through local SQDC boards, facility meetings & daily tool box meetings for all personnel.
- Ensures an effective preventative maintenance program is established for all facility support equipment (e.g. OH cranes, BOM’s, calibration equipment, rack inspections, facility repairs, etc.)
- As directed by DSM works to integrate initiatives with other continuous improvement objectives (i.e., Reliability, HSE, Lean, Six sigma) finding synergies, overlaps, duplicates and resolving conflicts.
- Responsible for internal audits and accident investigation as directed by corporate and the DSM and will support all external customer audits.
- Will actively participate in monthly and quarterly reviews to KPI data, review of high impact R&M incidents and other key metrics assigned by the organization.
- Ensure workshop housekeeping and layout remains effective in line with R&M requirements and best practices i.e. LEAN.
- Ensure completion and compliance with all maintenance documentation requirements.
- Ensure that Failure Analysis is accurately completed and communicated in a timely manner.
A bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of technical training and industry experience
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Extensive technical knowledge/experience in Oil Field Drilling Service tools Repair & Maintenance.
- Exposure to and understanding of database software such as SAP or JD Edwards.
- Knowledgeable in the concept and integration of predictive and preventive maintenance.
- Experience operating within a Quality & HSE related Management System compliant to industry standards (ISO 9001, 14001, 18001, API Q2) are desired.
- Experience as a Lead Technician is not essential but highly desired.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Experience in negotiating skills, leadership training, personnel development, diversity training and HR related training.
- Must possess good communication skills, time management skills, planning and organizational skills. Ability to make effective presentations is required.
Advanced computer skills, including office platforms.