ECOWAS seeking qualified persons to fill the position of Situation Room Officer (Two Positions). See details of this offer below.
- Department: Political Affairs, peace and Security
- Directorate: Early Warning
- Grade: P2
- Annual Salary: USD 31,192 – USD 38,869
- Supervisor: Principal Programme Officer, Systems
- Reference: ECW/PAPS/NEWRM-P (6)
- Duration: Contract(Two years, renewable)
- Duty Station: Abuja, Nigeria
Duties and Responsibilities
The Situation Room Assistant would be functionally attached to and work under the supervision of the P.P.O Systems Manager.
He / She would have the responsibility to:
The Situation Room Officer (SRO) is responsible for
- Monitoring of Field Monitor’s technical reporting performance
- Ensure the quality of reports received from various sources and regularly review quality control mechanisms and procedures
- Providing Bi-monthly and monthly technical reports on field monitors contribution to the ECOWARN System
- Collecting data for the Daily Highlight
- Filing all documents in the appropriate folders including uploading documents into the database as well as the Portal.
- Deleting documents of a sensitive nature when such documents become outdated from the archiving system. This requires consultation with the Information Officer who is responsible for managing the Archiving system.
- Filing/archiving hard and soft copy reports which include but not limited to:
- ECOWARN Daily Highlight Report
- Weekly Sitrep,
- Monthly Sitrep
- Quarterly Sitrep
- Policy Briefs
- Annual Reports
- Incident and Situation reports
- Mission Reports/ Press releases/Communiqués/ Other relevant information.
- Assist in the preparation of meetings
- Perform any other tasks assigned
Qualification and experience
A Bachelor of Science degree in any of the Social Science, Law, Communication, Information, Law, Political Science, Arts or Business Administration or its equivalent plus a minimum of three (3) years relevant professional experience. Ability to be detail oriented and organized. Ability to work effectively with various personalities and levels of authority.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Tools such as Word, Excel, Ms Power Point, Access.
- Good self and time management skills.
- Good negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Pro-active management outlook.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment.
Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS member states.
Must be fluent in one of the official languages of the Community: English, French and Portuguese. A working knowledge of another would be an advantage.