Summary: The Information Technology Manager maintains information technology strategies by managing staff; researching and implementing technological strategic plans for eHealth Africa’s (eHA) offices. Manages and coordinates the activities and operations of the Information Technology unit within the organization including hardware, software, network, and computer systems administration; identifies, recommends, develops, implements, and supports cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Jobs in Nigeria Serves as the central point of contact for all IT project related activities. Maintains effective communications and relationships between project team and relevant stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages performance of information technology staff by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Research and review existing systems to make sure they are all optimized to give best possible results.
- Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
- Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Oversees the deployments and support of eHealth software and technical projects. Assigns, schedules, reviews and monitors project work and ensures that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements. Ensures that progress is within expected guidelines and is completed on time and within budget. Mentors and provides expertise to other project team members.
- Utilizes in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to design and implement secure solutions to meet customer / client needs while protecting the company’s assets.
- Manages crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems;
- Identifies, tracks, monitors and communicates project related issues, scope changes, variances and contingencies that may arise during the implementation of IT projects. Develops IT system review schedules, audits and acceptance tests for each phase of projects. Keeps abreast of software updates, upgrades and additional services.
- Takes ownership of tasks, resolves project and technical issues, and seeks innovation and efficiency. Mentors and leads staff to perform and complete technical aspects of projects. Plans, coordinates, develops, and monitors projects plans to include key milestones, timelines and resources. Works with external consultants for smooth project implementation. Maintains effective communication and working relationship with customers and project teams.
- Attends and participates in professional group meetings, seminars and trainings in order to stay abreast of new trends and innovations in the field of information systems technology.
- Performs any other duties assigned by management.
- May frequently travel between company offices across the region.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision. Presents complex ideas and anticipates potential objections. Clearly communicates any ramifications of decisions and issues to project stakeholders, and presents alternatives.
- Is consistently at work and on time & adheres to Policies and Procedures. Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Is consistently at work and on time and adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Minimum of Masters Degree in Information Systems Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years working experience in IT and Data Systems Administration, including a minimum of three (3) years of large IT Project Management experience preferably in an NGO or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong project management skills, including experience preparing scopes, schedules, and budgets for proposals and projects. Advanced knowledge of network systems security management.
- Proficient knowledge in the following areas: Computer hardware, and software systems, Computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Must be able to work as a leader and member of a team and possess initiative and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Must possess strong organization and prioritization skills
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft Office Suite. Graphic designs software.
- Intermediate proficiency working with specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Expert knowledge of English. Hausa would be a plus. French is an asset
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Why work with us?
Life at ehealth Africa means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology. When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution. Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships. We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential. Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.