Electrical / Electronics Superintendent – Pacific Drilling S.A. is a growing offshore drilling company that provides global ultra-deepwater drilling services to the oil and natural gas industry through the use of high-specification drillships.
The Electrical / Electronics Superintendent is responsible for providing information, advice and guidance for all aspects of the development and implementation of electrical / electronics systems equipment for all of the Company’s drilling units. Ensure that all electrical/electronics systems equipment is in accordance with regulatory and class requirements and changes.
Assist and support the Maintenance Departments in the, review, development, and utilization of the Pacific Drilling Maintenance Management System (MMS).
Qualifications and Experience
- Electrical Engineering degree (BSc min.) from a recognized University or institution, (Electrical, Electronics or Automation Engineering preferred) with 5 years of experience in a support function
- As an alternative, an Electrical or Electronics Technician Trade School Diploma with 10 years of experience in support of electrical power plant or marine environment. Drilling experience preferred
- Preferred experience with NOV Cyberbase drilling controls
- Preferred experience with Kongsberg Marine vessel management systems
- Experience with preventive maintenance system and procedures
- Knowledge and experience with electrical equipment in hazardous areas and regulation IEC, IEEE, API etc.
- Familiar with electrical engineering and installation standards including IEC, IEEE, API, IMO MODU, SOLAS, and class regulations (ABS, DNV)
- Experience with installation, start-up, and upgrades of systems
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and lead compliance with the Pacific Drilling code of conduct and supporting policies, standards, and applicable process documentation
- Perform all work according to agreed expectations of both internal and external customers focus on doing things right first time every time and contribute actively to continual improvement activities
- Proactively assist with trouble shooting of equipment and issues on a daily basis
- Collaborate with OEMs and vendor partners to resolve NPT situations, ongoing equipment issues and upgrades, proposed technical changes, and technical MOC clarifications and communications
- Provide information, advice, and guidance regarding the correct maintenance plan for the electrical / electronics equipment
- Assist the maintenance group to ensure that maintenance plans, recommended spare parts, and task lists are accurately populated, through continuous improvement and system enhancements
- Ensure that the outcome of issues / failure reports are taken into account to optimize operational safety and performance of the entire fleet
- Participate in the evaluation of rig maintenance through the MMS Audit program
- Monitor industry technology advancement and provide suggestions for value improving initiatives and upgrades
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs), equipment construction and repair surveillance as directed
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering